Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for apple and caramel rolls in a airfryer, ideal to serve as dessert and breakfast and suitable for vegans!
Apple and caramel are a delicious combination for desserts such as biscuits, tarts, cakes...
For this caramel apple roll-up recipe We only need a airfryer and a medium skillet that we will use to prepare the filling.
Thanks to the cooking of the apple, it is like a kind of caramelized apple covered with cinnamon, sugar and caramel.
Obviously, it is an unhealthy recipe and to be consumed sporadically, but it is delicious and can be served as a dessert, for breakfast or as a snack.
Also, It is a recipe suitable for vegans and vegetarians in a airfryer and if you change the wheat pancakes for corn pancakes, it is a gluten-free recipe.
We have decided to add a vegan caramel sauce that we had at home but you can make it homemade or use melted dark chocolate that will also work well.
We have not used any special air fryer accessories.
I recommend you try other sweet recipes in a airfryer such as the recipe for homemade cheese flan in air fryer, the recipe for homemade coquitos in air fryer or the recipe for chocolate napolitans in air fryer
If you want more vegan recipes in a airfryer, you can leave us a comment below!
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Air Fryer Rolls Recipe
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1/4 cup Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 5 small wheat tortillas
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer to 190 ºC
- Wash, peel and cut the apples into small cubes
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- When melted add the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon while stirring
- Let cook for 5 minutes
- Add the vanilla essence, stir to integrate and remove from heat
- We open all the wheat tortillas and put a tablespoon of filling in each one and wrap well
- Put all the apple rolls upside down in the air fryer basket, brush with coconut oil and sprinkle cinnamon on top
- We cook in the airfryer for 10-15 minutes at 190 ºC
- We take out and pour a splash of vegan caramel sauce on top
- And we already have our recipe for apple and caramel rolls in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for caramel apple rolls in a airfryer
- You can add the apples with the skin but I particularly like them peeled
- While everything is cooking in the pan, stir from time to time to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- I put a spoonful of filling in one end of the fajita and I roll it to the other side so that nothing comes out
- Don't put too little not much filling because they will open while cooking
- You can put a parchment paper or baking paper in the basket of the air fryer to make it more convenient.
- You can also sprinkle a little brown sugar on top if you have previously crushed or ground it until you get a powder.
- Keep an eye on the caramel apple roll-ups and if they brown before then you can remove them from the air fryer.
- The vegan caramel sauce can be made at home (and it is surely delicious) or bought in a supermarket
Substitution of ingredients
- Granny Smith apples ➡️ Royal apples, green apples, Funji apples or whatever you have at home
- Coconut oil ➡️ Olive oil
- Brown sugar ➡️ Normal sugar, honey, sweeteners...
- Cinnamon powder ➡️ Cinnamon sticks (Add it to the pan with a splash of vegetable drink and let it infuse a little)
- Vanilla essence ➡️ Vanilla or remove brown sugar and add vanilla sugar
- Rice flour ➡️ Oatmeal, wheat flour, integral rice flour...
- Vegan Caramel Sauce ➡️ Homemade Vegan Caramel Sauce or other vegan syrup
- Small wheat tortillas ➡️ Large wheat tortillas (cut them in half when you have the roll made) or corn tortillas for a gluten-free recipe