Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a very rich recipe for apple strudel in airfryer and similar to the original!
Apple Strudel is a traditional and classic recipe from Austria.
Although we have adapted the name, we are really preparing an Apfelstrudel recipe in an airfryer.
This recipe for apple strudel in airfryer is ideal for a dessert or a family snack because it has 6 servings.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Air Fryer
It has been prepared without a mold, Thermomix, without an oven and without a microwave.
If you did not know how to prepare apple strudel in an airfryer, here is the step-by-step recipe in an airfryer and the step-by-step preparation.
If you liked it leave a comment below!
Don't forget to check out our latest airfryer banana oatmeal cinnamon rolls recipe or fried eggs recipe in airfryer
Ingredients for the apple strudel recipe in airfryer
- Wheat flour - 250 gr
- Water - 90ml
- Butter - 90 gr
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 apple
- Raisins - 15 gr
- Pine nuts - 15 gr
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tsp Brandy
- Sugar glass
Preparation in Airfryer
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Rest: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Squeeze a small lemon (or 1/2 lemon) and reserve a teaspoon for the filling
- In a bowl we put the flour, the egg, the lemon juice and the water
- We knead first with a palette and then with our hands
- Add the melted butter (from 15 to 15 seconds per micro) and integrate
- We knead for 5 or 10 min and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour
- Peel, core and cut the apple into small pieces
- In a frying pan, put a little butter and heat
- Add the raisins, the apple, the sugar, the reserved teaspoon of lemon juice, the pine nuts and the Brandy
- Let cook for 10 minutes while stirring
- Remove from heat to cool
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and leave it as thin as possible
- Add the filling that we had in the pan along one side
- We roll up little by little and we do not finish closing it
- We melted a little more butter and used it as "glue" for the final piece of dough
- We remove the excess dough from the sides and make shallow cuts on top
- We paint with the melted butter that we have left over and place it on top of baking paper in the air fryer
- Cook in the fryer without oil at 200 ºC for 15 minutes
- We check that it is fully cooked
- Add icing sugar and cinnamon on top
- And we already have our recipe for apple strudel in Airfryer ready!
Tips for a good recipe for apple strudel in Airfryer
- It is important to knead even for 10 minutes
- The filling should caramelize a bit, so it should be cooked over medium heat.
- Do not forget the cuts so that the dough cooks well
- I have used melted butter to glue and paint, but you can use a beaten egg to paint
- Do not turn off the heat of the pan with the filling until the alcohol has evaporated
- You can use a rolling pin or a long glass
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour, oat flour or almond flour (it is denser)
- Butter ➡️ Margarine
- 1/2 Lemon ➡️ Lemon or lime concentrate
- Raisins ➡️ Other nuts such as chestnuts or almonds
- Pine nuts ➡️ Other nuts such as walnuts or cashews
- Muscatel ➡️ Brandy or sweet wine