In this recipe we will teach you how to prepare a delicious Argentine choripán with an air fryer and that will not leave you indifferent.
The Argentine choripán is a recipe as traditional as it is simple to make which can be prepared in many ways without losing its essence.
It is a quick snack to prepare for children but it is not Suitable for vegans, and it is essential at family gatherings or dinners with friends.
This dish is served with a traditional sauce made from different herbs and spices similar to Pesto sauce, chimichurri, which can be found in any supermarketor we can prepare it at home.
Although it is very high in calories, It is possible to vary the ingredients of the choripán for a much healthier and low-calorie appetizer.
🌭 We can use integral bread, or bread without tac.
🌭 If we want a low-fat and more nutritious chorizo, it is worth trying vegan sausages or sausages with vegetable protein.
🌭 The chimichurri sauce is a fundamental part of the choripán and is what makes it iconic, but we can use different sauce options such as mustard if the chimichurri sauce is not to our liking.
I will also give you more preparation tips and slight changes to the original recipe that will improve and give you a new way to taste this delicious appetizer.
The Argentine choripan can be a bland appetizer if it is not accompanied with something else, we recommend you accompany it with a piquillo and raspberry sauce or with some tequeños stuffed with cheese
Ingredients for the Argentine choripán recipe
- 1 tbsp of Sunflower oil
- 4 Bread rolls
- 4 Argentine Creole Chorizos
- Chimichurri sauce
Elaboration of the Argentine choripán
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- First, we will cut the chorizos so that they are open like a book.
- We spread the tablespoon of oil on the portions.
- We will put them in the air fryer for 9 minutes in Broil mode at 200°.
- While the chorizos are cooking, we can prepare the loaves by opening them in two, just like a sandwich.
- After 9 minutes we will turn the food over and we will leave it another 9 minutes at 200 ° in the airfryer.
- Finally, we place the chorizos in each bread and we will have our Argentine choripán recipe ready.
- We will serve the chimichurri sauce to our liking, we can spread it inside or outside the choripán.
Tips for a good Argentine choripán recipe
- Although we mention that you can get chimichurri in most supermarkets, we invite you to prepare the sauce at home
- Argentine chorizo is essential to make the recipe, however, we can go a bit out of the mold and use Spanish Creole chorizo
- Choripán is a very versatile and easy recipe to make, and we can prepare them with any type of bread (Not sweet)
- We can heat the choripanes for a few minutes in the Airfryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Bread buns ➡️ Baguettes (the baguettes will have to be divided into two parts and still slice as a sandwich), or sliced bread
- Creole chorizo ➡️ Frankfurt, Vienne, or Kielbasa (Polish) sausages. We can also try the sausages or vegan chorizo (A more fitness and recommended option)
- Sunflower oil ➡️ Olive oil
- Chimichurri sauce ➡️ Argentine Gaucha sauce, mustard or BBQ sauce