Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for rice baked in airfryer that is very easy to cook and ideal for a family meal.
Arroz al horno is a typical dish in Spain and I have adapted it for an air fryer. So yes, it is baked rice without an oven 😉
There are thousands of recipes and accompaniments of this style, each one has some ingredients, in this case I have put the ones that I like the most.
This recipe for rice baked in airfryer is very simple to make, with few preparations and very tasty.
I have cooked everything in my Cosori 5.5L Air Fryer
I have not needed to use a Thermomix, or a pressure cooker, or a microwave, or a steamer or an oven.
If you did not know how to cook baked rice in an air fryer, here is the recipe book with all the ingredients and the preparation step by step.
Ingredients for the baked rice recipe in airfryer
- Rice - 7,05 oz
- 5 chicken wings
- Sausage - 2.8 oz
- Crushed natural tomato - 1.7 oz
- 1 tsp of choricero pepper meat
- 1/2 tsp Food Coloring
- 1 garlic
- Meat broth - 400 ml
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- In a reusable mold for air fryer we put the chorizo, the black pudding and the chicken wings
- Add a drizzle of oil on top and sprinkle a pinch of salt
- Cook in the fryer without oil at 190 ºC for 10 minutes
- Cut the blood sausage and chorizo into slices (reserving the oil that has been released in the mold)
- In a clay pot we put the rice, the crushed tomato, the choricero pepper meat, the coloring, the crushed garlic, the black pudding, the chorizo and the broth
- Add the juice of the chorizo and the black pudding, stir everything and place the wings on top but pressing down
- Cook in the fryer without oil at 200 ºC for 25 minutes
- We try and add 6 more minutes if we want crust
- And we already have our recipe for baked rice in a fryer without oil ready!
Tips for a good recipe for baked rice in a fryer without oil
- The last few minutes you have to be very aware of the cooking point of the rice and how it is cooked
- I have used a manual garlic crusher so as not to put it in slices
- I have not added salt because the meat broth already had enough
- I recommend using saffron or turmeric before coloring (I didn't have it, that's why I put it)
- Each rice is different and for this type of recipe it is better to use bomba rice
- Paella rice ➡️ Bomba rice
- Chicken wings ➡️ Bacon
- Black pudding ➡️ Black pudding from Burgos or rice
- Chorizo ➡️ Pork meat
- Crushed natural tomato ➡️ Natural grated tomato or fried tomato
- Food coloring ➡️ Turmeric or saffron
- Meat broth ➡️ Chicken broth, vegetable broth or homemade stock