Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for battered prawns in a airfryer that is very easy, fast and healthy!
There are many recipes with shrimp either grilled, in sauce, baked, with rice, garlic, cooked, peeled, whole...
I like this recipe for battered prawns in a airfryer with brandy and without oven to save.
I have prepared everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
At the end there are a few flavorful golden prawns and that can be accompanied with a salad.
To serve as a starter at Christmas it is very good and everyone will surely like it.
So we save ourselves from frying or making tempura and we have it easier and faster.
I recommend other air fryer recipes such as the sea bass recipe in air fryer or the turkey drumsticks recipe in air fryer
Ingredients for the air fryer battered prawns recipe
- 30 prawns
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Brandy - 25ml
- Milk - 100 ml
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp yeast
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Defrost the prawns
- Peel the prawns, keeping the meat and placing the heads and carcasses in a frying pan.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan and crush the heads to get their juice
- We add the Brandy and leave until the alcohol evaporates
- Peel the onion and chop it whole
- Add the milk, a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the chopped onion to the pan (reserve the rest)
- Let cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes
- We pass it through a sieve and keep the broth
- In another pan with a little oil, sauté the onion
- Peel the garlic and pass it through a garlic press to crush it.
- Add the garlic and a pinch of salt
- When the onion is cooked add the prawns
- We wait for the prawns to brown, we take them out and reserve both things separately
- In a bowl, beat the egg and add the yeast, flour, parsley and 2 tablespoons of the fumet (or broth) that we had prepared
- Mix and add the onion sauce that was left in the pan
- Pass all the prawns through this mixture until they are well soaked
- Place the prawns on top of parchment paper in the air fryer basket trying to separate them
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 11 minutes
- Halfway through the time we turn all the prawns
- And we already have our recipe for battered prawns in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for battered prawns in a airfryer
- If your prawns are fresh, you do not need to defrost them and you can go to step 2
- It is important to prepare a good broth or fumet and crush the heads of the prawns well so that they release all their juice
- You can use a fork to dip the prawns in the mixture but I do it with my hands so they soak well
- You can also try our recipe for air fryer garlic prawns
- Keep an eye on the cooking time of the prawns in the air fryer as I like them well browned and you may want it less
Substitution of ingredients
- Prawns ➡️ Prawns or prawns
- Onion ➡️ Sweet onion or purple onion
- Natural garlic ➡️ Garlic powder
- Brandy ➡️ Whiskey or Rum
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Skimmed milk or whole milk
- Wheat flour ➡️ Cornstarch or pastry flour (with yeast included so we wouldn't have to add it)
- Yeast ➡️ Baking powder
- Parsley ➡️ Rosemary, thyme, basil or the herb you use the most