Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for very easy, traditional and authentic Belgian waffles in a airfryer!
Do you also fancy waffles and don't have a waffle maker to make them?
Belgian waffles are characteristic for using pearl sugar and being crispier than American waffles.
This recipe for air fryer Belgian waffles without oil they are homemade, crispy and without a waffle maker.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
We don't need to have thousands of appliances for every dessert we make.
The silicone waffle mold is ideal and fulfills its function.
You can make the waffle salty or sweet depending on the toppings you want.
For example, waffles with cream and strawberry, waffles with guacamole and egg or banana and chocolate waffles.
Ingredients for Belgian waffles recipe in air fryer
- Wheat flour - 4.4 oz
- 1 tsp of Baker's dry yeast
- Pearl sugar - 2.8 oz
- Milk - 100 ml
- Butter - 1.7 oz
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 2 Eggs
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Repose: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We melt the butter in the microwave from 15 to 15 seconds
- In a bowl, mix the butter, milk and egg yolks (reserving the white)
- In another bowl put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast and mix well
- Add the solid to the liquid mixture and integrate with a spatula
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with a stick blender.
- Add the egg whites to the dough and mix with enveloping movements
- Pour the batter into the waffle pan without overdoing it.
- We cook in the airfryer at 185 ºC for 10 minutes
- At half time we turn it over
- And we already have our recipe for Belgian waffles in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for Belgian waffles in an air airfryer
- Belgian waffles will be very fluffy if we whip the egg whites well
- If the waffle mold is made of silicone, it does not need to be greased (if it is made of another material, add aove spray)
- Let the butter warm up a bit before mixing it in. with the yolk so that it does not curdle
- You can also beat the whites with a hand whisk but it takes a bit of work.
- Be careful with the movements when adding the egg whites to the mixture so that they do not go down
- Do not add more dough than indicated on the mold because it will spill
Substitution of ingredients
- Butter ➡️ Margarine
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour, oatmeal or spelled flour
- Pearl sugar ➡️ White sugar, brown sugar or erythritol
- Dry yeast ➡️ Fresh yeast (more quantity and it would have to be dissolved), royal or gasifying yeast
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Whole milk, lactose-free milk, skimmed milk or vegetable soy drinks, almond...