Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for bread of the dead in Airfryer, special for Halloween (and ideal if you have a costume party).
Halloween is an American holiday that has been adapted all over the world and is celebrated on October.
It is typical to dress up as something scary, for example, a ghost. Parties are also held among friends.
This bread of the dead recipe for Airfryer is very sweet, tasty and spongy.
I cooked everything in my 5.5L Cosori air fryer.
It has been prepared without oven, without pots, without molds and without microwave.
If you didn't know how to prepare bread of the dead in an air fryer, here you have the Halloween recipe in an airfryer and the step-by-step preparation.
If you liked it, leave a comment below!
Don't forget to visit our latest airfryer gratin sandwich recipe or the airfryer picanha recipe.
Ingredients for the bread of the dead recipe in airfryer
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Butter - 0.09 lb
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 2 level tsp dry yeast
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp of milk
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Rest: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- In a large bowl we add the dry ingredients (flour, yeast, a pinch of salt and sugar)
- We make a hole in the center and add an egg, milk, butter, orange blossom water
- We mix all the ingredients until a smooth dough is made.
- We cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 2 hours.
- We knead a little again to remove the gas and cut 1/4 part of the mixture (we reserve this part)
- With the large dough we make a ball and flatten it slightly with our hands (it should look like a bun).
- We use the rest of the dough to create bones: we make a larger ball for the center and 8 smaller balls
- We press-glue the balls into the previous dough, with the large ball in the center and the balls around it (it should look like this + symbol)
- We prepare a glaze with a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of melted butter and a beaten egg
- We paint all the breads being careful not to move the balls
- We place the bread of the dead on air fryer paper so that the air can circulate.
- We cook in the airfryer at 150 ºC for 30 minutes
- We wait for it to cool and varnish with more melted butter or milk, and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
- And now we have our air fryer bread of the dead recipe ready!
Tips for a good bread of the dead recipe in airfryer
- The better and longer you knead, the better it will be.
- You can use a mixer but it is not necessary, with about 7 or 8 minutes normally it will be well integrated
- There is no need to sift the flour for this recipe.
- You can prepare the orange blossom water yourself with tea bags
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour or oat flour (can also be mixed with almond flour)
- Dry yeast ➡️ Fresh yeast (it would be 2 teaspoons)
- White sugar ➡️ Sweeteners (same amount of erythritol)
- Milk ➡️ You can use the one you like the most or vegetable drinks
- Orange blossom water ➡️ As it is to flavor you can use a little orange, lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Butter ➡️ Margarine (to varnish you can put milk instead)