Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for butter cookies in a airfryer to serve as a dessert, to decorate or for the Christmas table!
This Christmas recipe can be cooked at any time of the year, although they are always a special dessert at Christmas dinners.
the butter cookies They are famous for being perfect cookies to decorate with the shapes and colors that we want.
To do this, you can melt white chocolate, dark chocolate or the one you like the most and bathe them after cooking them.
Butter cookies are normally used for Christmas or Halloween and with a special decoration.
It's a recipe for Easy butter cookies, quick and ideal to prepare with children.
Everything is prepared without a Thermomix, without a microwave, without an oven and without a mambo, only with the airfryer.
The ingredients can vary for each taste (with coconut, chocolate, cinnamon...) but this one follows the traditional recipe for Grandma's shortbread cookies.
This is much better and healthier than buying a package of cookies at Mercadona or in another supermarket.
Although if you want a healthy dessert recipe in a airfryer, try the air fryer carrot cake recipe.
In order for the butter cookies to be soft, you must watch the last minutes of cooking and not let them go too far.
This recipe for butter cookies in a airfryer is adapted from cooks like Eva Arguiñano.
While I recommend you try other sweet air fryer recipes like the vegan air fryer brownie recipe or the air fryer shortbread recipe.
If you liked it or are going to try it, leave a comment below!
Ingredients for air fryer butter cookies recipe
- Wheat flour - 12.7 oz
- Butter in ointment - 8.8 oz
- White sugar - 5.3 oz
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- Sugar glass
Preparation in the airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk with the white sugar.
- Add the softened butter and the sifted flour and cinnamon.
- When we have a homogeneous dough we knead it with a little flour on the table
- We make a roll or cylinder and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Cut into slices of 3 cm approx and shape it into a cookie (You can use a Christmas mold)
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 12 - 15 minutes
- We take out when we check that they are cooked
- Let cool and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- And we already have our recipe for shortbread cookies in a airfryer!
Tips for a good fryer shortbread recipe without oil
- You can use a whole egg if you don't want to waste it, but the yolk is enough.
- Try mixing just the yolk and sugar first
- If you do not have the butter in ointment but cold, try putting it in the microwave for 10 seconds without letting it turn to liquid
- If you want to use a Christmas mold to make Christmas shortbread cookies, stretch the dough with a rolling pin without making it very thin.
- To check that the cookies are cooked, prick with a wooden stick or fork through the center to see if it comes out clean
- Keep an eye on the last 5 minutes of cooking in case you need to raise or lower the temperature of the air fryer
- I have used a silicone mold for air fryer (it is a protector so as not to spoil it) and baking paper but it is optional
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Oatmeal (in less quantity), whole wheat flour, rice flour, cookie-flavored oatmeal...
- Butter ➡️ Light butter or margarine
- White sugar ➡️ Brown sugar (in less quantity) or sweeteners
- Egg yolk ➡️ Whole egg
- Icing sugar ➡️ Cocoa powder