Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for fig and cocoa sponge cake in a airfryer, very healthy and perfect to share as a dessert!
The fresh fig cake is a recipe that can be adapted in many ways, such as the recipe for fig and yogurt cake with walnuts or cake with dried figs and chestnuts or almonds.
In this caseour recipe for sponge cake with figs and cocoa in a airfryer is sugar-free and without using other appliances such as the thermomix.
It is a healthy and very tasty dessert but with few elaborations and very easy to make.
Although the recipe for sponge cake with figs and cocoa in aifryer that we have prepared does not have nuts, I would add some walnuts or some chopped almonds.
This recipe is ideal for birthdays or family celebrations as a healthy dessert.
I recommend other air fryer dessert recipes like Aifryer Chocolate Croissant Recipe, Aifryer Apple Pie Recipe or Aifryer Carrot Oatmeal Muffins Recipe.
If you want more recipes for sponge cakes with figs, do not hesitate to leave a comment!
Ingredients for the cake recipe with figs and cocoa in aifryer
- Wholemeal oatmeal - 5.29 oz
- Fresh figs - 5.29 oz
- Egg whites - 4.58 oz
- 4 medium dates
- 2 tbsp defatted peanut powder
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of pure defatted cocoa powder without sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of yeast
Preparation of the sponge cake in a airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
- In a large bowl add the sifted dry ingredients (whole oatmeal, ground peanut, a pinch of salt and the raising agent)
- Stir well with manual rods
- Add the egg whites, the vanilla essence, the figs, the dates, the olive oil and beat very well
- When you have a homogeneous mixture, we pass it to a removable mold greased with a little oil and flour
- Cook in the airfryer for 16 minutes at 180ºC
- Take out and prick with a wooden stick to check that it is cooked on all sides
- And now we have our recipe for sponge cake with figs and poop in a airfryer!
Tips for a good sponge cake recipe with figs and cocoa in a airfryer
- Dry ingredients are always better to sift to avoid lumps and achieve a softer, creamier and more spongy texture
- Using gasifier for biscuits is an old trick of the grandmothers and you can find it in supermarkets like Mercadona
- I have used hand wands but you can also use a hand mixer or a glass blender
- It is not necessary to whip the egg whites for this recipe but if you do it will be a very fluffy cake
- Dates and figs can be chopped with a knife or a shredder if you don't want to find chunks during your meal
- The toothpick trick is perfect to check especially in the center if the cake needs more time in the aifryer
- I used a round shaped air fryer pan
- It is important that you grease the mold that you are going to use so that the cake does not stick
Substitution of ingredients
- Wholemeal oatmeal ➡️ Oatmeal, wholemeal flour or cake flour
- Egg whites ➡️ 2 Eggs L
- Dates ➡️ Honey or sweeteners
- defatted peanut powder ➡️ Protein powder
- Raising agent ➡️ Powdered yeast (or nothing if you have used flour for cakes with yeast incorporated)