Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for squid with peas in the airfryer, very healthy, quick and easy to make!
The recipe for squid with peas is a traditional recipe that grandmothers used to prepare all their lives and that tastes very good.
Although this time we are going to prepare the entire recipe in the 5.5L airfryer to make it healthier.
There are many variants of this recipe such as the recipe for squid with peas and broad beans, adding prawns or in American sauce.
Many times I usually prepare this recipe with squid in its ink but in this case I wanted a quick, simple and healthy dinner.
This recipe explains with all the ingredients and the step by step of how to cook the squid with peas in a airfryer.
Although you can add what you like the most, such as rice with squid with peas, some potatoes or stew them with a little broth.
Before, I used to cook a squid stew with peas in a Thermomix but now I use the air fryer which is faster, more convenient and easier to clean.
I recommend that you try other healthy fryer recipes without oil such as the recipe for crispy and homemade chicken fingers in air fryer or the recipe for tuna and vegetable patties in air fryer
If you liked the recipe leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the recipe of squid with peas in air fryer
- Squid - 7 oz
- Frozen peas - 7 oz
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- Peel and chop the garlic very fine
- Crush the parsley in a food processor or with a knife.
- Mix the squid rings with a splash of olive oil, garlic and parsley
- We put the rings in an aluminum mold suitable for air fryer
- We cook the squid in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 6 minutes
- Peel and cut the onion julienne (thin strips)
- Add the peas and onion to the mold with a pinch of salt and black pepper
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 6 minutes
- Remove and stir evenly
- And we already have our recipe for squid with peas in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for squid with peas in a airfryer
- If you can pass the garlic and parsley through a crusher so that it is very fine, it will be better (I don't like to chew pieces of garlic, that's why I do it like this)
- Add the peas and onion in the same mold with the squid to take advantage of the flavor of the juice that they have been able to leave
- If you let the peas defrost for about 10 minutes before starting to cook, it is better, although it is not essential.
- Both when you cook the squid and when you cook it all I recommend that you stir from time to time during cooking
- You can pair this recipe with a sweet, healthy and easy dessert like Air Fryer Roasted Apples
Substitution of ingredients
- Frozen squid ➡️ Fresh squid (should be cleaned and cut) or cuttlefish
- Frozen peas ➡️ Canned peas, broad beans or beans
- Medium onion ➡️ Spring onion or shallot
- Garlic clove ➡️ Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Parsley powder, Provencal herbs or thyme