Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for caramelized chicken in a airfryer that is very easy, fast and with a tasty and delicious result!
The quantities in this recipe are quite large and I have used a 5.5 L air fryer and a rack attachment to avoid having to cook in 2 batches.
Caramelized chicken can be cooked in many ways, with coke, onion, orange, apple, honey, panela...
Each recipe has a special touch, This recipe for caramelized chicken with soy in an air airfryer combines sweet with salty and spicy.
To make caramelized chicken or caramelized thighs in this case we only need a good sauce to accompany it.
If you don't know how to prepare caramelized chicken without an oven, follow our step by step for the air fryer.
Caramelized chicken may seem difficult to cook, but with this recipe it will be juicy and flavorful.
The recipe for caramelized chicken with soy in a airfryer It is an adaptation of a traditional Japanese recipe but in a Spanish style.
I recommend other chicken recipes in a airfryer such as the crispy chicken fingers recipe in air fryer or the chicken cachopo recipe in air fryer
If you liked the recipe leave a comment below or a rating!
Ingredients for the recipe of caramelized chicken with soy in air fryer
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Soy - 150 ml
- 3 Eggs
- Cornstarch - 1.7 oz
- 8 tbsp of sweet soy
- Oyster sauce - 150 ml
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 small cayenne peppers
- 5 tbsp of honey
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Marinated: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Place the chicken drumsticks with 30 ml of soy in a bowl and leave to marinate for 1 hour
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt
- Put the cornstarch in another bowl and coat the chicken first with the egg and then with the cornstarch
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 25-30 minutes
- In a small pot we put what we have left over from soy, the sweet soy, the oyster sauce, the cayenne peppers and the honey
- Peel, chop the garlic and add it
- Grate ginger and add
- Remove with a wooden spatula for 15 minutes on low heat until thickened
- Put the chicken on a tray and pour the hot sauce over it.
- And we already have the recipe for caramelized chicken with soy in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for caramelized chicken with soy in a airfryer
- Minimum you have to marinate the chicken for 1 hourthe longer the better
- You can put the spices that you like the most mixed with the cornstarch
- It is important that the sauce cook over low heat
- Watch the last few minutes of the chicken drumsticks so they don't brown too much.
- The contrast of the chicken with the sweet make a spectacular combination
- The garlic can be crushed with a garlic press and it will be better (it is also more comfortable)
- If you buy the whole chicken I recommend that you save the wings and try our recipe for chicken wings in a airfryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken drumsticks ➡️ Chicken breast, whole chicken butchered by you or turkey
- Garlic ➡️ Onion
- Ginger in pieces ➡️ Ginger powder (spice)
- Cayennes ➡️ Hot Paprika or Tabasco
- Honey ➡️ Date paste or agave syrup
- Cornstarch ➡️ Wheat flour, integral flour, chickpea flour, rye flour...