Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for small bags of cheese and blueberries in a airfryer, ideal to serve as a starter or appetizer at meals with friends!
Cheese and sweet flavors have always been good combinations, such as goat cheese and honey croquettes.
This time we wanted to prepare a "fried" blueberry cheese entree but healthier and easier to make.
The ingredients are cheap and common, the step by step is simple and the food will be ready in less than 15 minutes so it can save you from a family meal.
You do not need to buy pre-made starters at Mercadona or Lidl if With a couple of things you can prepare an easy appetizer in the air fryer.
The Oil Free Air Fryer Cranberry Cheese Sticks recipe is simple and the result is a tasty meal that makes you want to repeat again and again.
You can adapt the recipe to what you like the most, changing the blueberries for strawberries or the type of cheese.
I recommend other recipes for appetizers in a airfryer, such as the recipe for crispy chicken fingers in air fryer, the recipe for eggplant chips in air fryer or the recipe for tuna and vegetable patties in air fryer
If you liked the recipe you can leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the recipe for blueberry cheese bags in air fryer
- 16 dumpling wafers
- 8 tsp blueberry jam
- Grated Grana Padano cheese - 1,7 oz
- 4 tsp crispy onion
- Olive oil spray
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We open all the wafers and place them on a flat surface
- We are filling with a teaspoon of blueberry jam in each wafer
- We put grated cheese and crispy onion on top of each one
- We close the wafers in the form of a bag (we put them in our hands and fold one part with the other, sealing the edges above)
- We put the bags of cheese and blueberries in the basket of the air fryer
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 10 minutes
- Spray olive oil and cook again for a couple of minutes until golden brown
- And we already have our recipe for cheese and blueberry bags in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for blueberry cheese sticks in a airfryer
- If you can make the blueberry jam homemade, the recipe will be much tastier.
- Crispy grated cheese and onion is to everyone's taste
- The trick to making bags come out with a good shape is to put it in the palm of your hand and close the edges up
- Don't overstuff the cranberry cheese packets so they don't explode when cooked.
- You can decorate the dough of the bags with sesame seeds
- Monitor the last 5 minutes of cooking and if they brown too much, lower the temperature to 180 ºC
- I personally like to serve them over some homemade tomato sauce or PX
Substitution of ingredients
- Empanadilla wafers ➡️ Puff pastry cut by yourself with a circular shape (they will come out less and you will waste dough)
- Blueberry jam ➡️ Homemade blueberry jam, crushed blueberries or strawberry jam
- Grated Grana Padano cheese ➡️ Shredded mozzarella cheese, goat cheese in tacos or any other cheese
- Crispy onion ➡️ Caramelized onion