Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for a cheese and rosemary appetizer in a airfryer that cooks quickly and easily, ideal for using up leftover stale bread!
Cheese appetizers can be made with goat cheese, gorgonzola cheese, Philadelpia cheese, queso fresco, or plain grated cheese.
This rosemary cheese appetizer recipe is easy, quick, and uses salvage food.
Normally we see starters of cheese with blueberries, goat cheese with honey, cheese with caramelized onions, since the cheese is very sweet.
In this case we have used grated Grana Padano cheese that provides a strong flavor and rosemary (a spice that is not sweet but that combines very well).
I have not used a Thermomix, microwave, oven, or pots, only a airfryer (in my case the Innsky 5.5L oil-free fryer).
The oil-free air fryer rosemary cheese appetizer recipe is simple, has no tricks, and doesn't require a lot of preparation.
This original recipe for savory cupcakes can save you more than one unexpected family meal.
I also recommend other air fryer appetizers like Air Fryer Eggplant Chips Recipe or Air Fryer Zucchini Potato Chips Recipe.
If you liked it, leave a comment below!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Rosemary Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- Bread - 6.2 oz
- Milk - 500 ml
- 2 Eggs
- Grated Grana Padano cheese - 1.7 oz
- 2 tbsp of rosemary
Preparation in the airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Repose: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Break up the bread and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the milk and mix until all the bread is soaked.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour
- At the end of the time we crumble the bread with our hands
- Beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt and rosemary powder
- Add the beaten eggs and cheese to the bowl with the bread
- We mix until we have a homogeneous mass and then we make small round cupcakes
- We put the special parchment paper for air fryer
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ° for 10 minutes
- We put the second batch (or we exchange the trays after 5 minutes of cooking if you put it all in one)
- And now we have our cheese and rosemary appetizer recipe in a airfryer!
Tips for a good cheese and rosemary appetizer recipe in a airfryer
- The best thing about this recipe is that you can reuse bread that has already been at home for a day and has become hard
- Let stand for at least 1 hour in the fridge
- I recommend that you buy good quality rosemary and grind it into powder (if you don't have it, you can use rosemary spice, which is okay)
- Spray oil on top of the cupcakes if you want to add a touch of flavor
- If you find it difficult to shape the cupcakes try with a spoon or use a round cupcake pan
Substitution of ingredients
- Hard bread ➡️ Bread of the day, sliced bread, rye bread...
- Skimmed milk ➡️ Semi-skimmed milk, whole milk or vegetable drinks
- Grated Grana Padano cheese ➡️ Grated cheese gouda, mozzarella or the one you like the most
- Rosemary ➡️ Provencal herbs or oregano