Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for cheese, mushroom and chicken Dumplings in a airfryer ideal to serve as a starter in your family meals.
The cheese, mushroom and chicken Dumplings for children are perfect because they will eat a healthy "fried" that is also rich in protein and contains vegetables.
As all the foods are cooked and integrated into the empanadilla, they will not notice that they are eating mushrooms or vegetables and they will also love the taste of the cheese.
The empanadillas are very easy to make and in this recipe we also teach you how to prepare the dough so that it is totally homemade.
The advantage of making a Dumplings recipe is that you can vary the ingredients to your liking and that they are not "fried" since they are made in an air fryer.
If you want to eat a little healthier, these Dumplings are a treat with good ingredients and not very high in calories.
It also meets the part of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats but everything in its proper measure.
The cheese, mushroom and chicken pie recipe is perfect to serve as a starter at dinners with friends or family meals and let everyone enjoy.
Ingredients for the recipe for cheese, mushroom and chicken Dumplings
- Flour - 7 oz
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- Water - 2,1 oz
- Mushrooms - 2,5 oz
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2,5 oz
- Green pepper - 2,5 oz
- Red pepper - 2,5 oz
- Onion - 2,5 oz
- Chicken - 3,5 oz
Preparation of Dumplings in a airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- To make the dough we will put the flour, the olive oil, the water and the pinch of salt in a bowl
- Mix and knead until you get a homogeneous dough. (if it is very sticky add a little more flour)
- Let rest for at least half an hour covered with plastic wrap (transparent paper)
- Meanwhile we prepare the filling we cut the onion, the peppers, the chicken and the mushrooms into small pieces
- Sauté the onion, green pepper, red pepper and a pinch of salt in a pan with oil
- When the vegetables are poached, add the chicken and mushrooms and wait for everything to cook before adding the grated cheese
- We take out the ball of dough and spread it as much as possible on a flat surface
- We cut in equal circles taking advantage of all the space of the dough (I use a glass for the shape)
- In the center of each circle we fill with the dough
- We close the circle and with a fork we press to seal the edges
- Cook in the airfryer for 10 minutes at 180ºC
- We take out, plate and We already have our recipe for cheese, mushroom and chicken dumplings ready!
Tips for a good recipe for cheese, mushroom and chicken Dumplings
- You can paint the dumplings with egg if you want them to take a little golden color but it is not necessary and it will not add more flavor
- The ingredients can vary in quantity to your liking, I like to add more mozzarella cheese
- If instead of letting the dough rest for 30 minutes, you leave it longer, it will be better
- You can season the chicken, mushrooms and vegetables with a little garlic powder and black pepper
- I like the vegetables well poached so that the crunchy texture is not noticeable but that depends on the taste of each one
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Gluten-free flour and chickpea flour
- Chicken ➡️ Tuna (to add some fish and give it another flavor)
- Green pepper and red pepper ➡️ Zucchini and leek
- Grated mozzarella cheese ➡️ Grated emmental cheese
- Onion ➡️ Onion powder, garlic powder