Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a very healthy chicken and spinach burger recipe in a airfryer and with a little cheese to give it more flavor!
I used to make the chicken burgers with spinach in the Thermomix but now with a grinder and the air fryer I have them ready in 10 minutes.
Although we have used spinach you can make the chicken burgers with vegetables and use the ones you like the most.
If you really want a light, fitness or healthy chicken and spinach burger, don't buy it at Mercadona, Lidl, Aldi...
It is better to buy the ingredients and know how to prepare the recipe of chicken and spinach patty in air fryer by yourself.
The calories are not the most important but the quality of the food.
We have used a 5.5L oil-free fryer to prepare the 5 chicken and spinach burgers given in this recipe.
This no-oil air fryer chicken and spinach burger recipe it's breadcrumbless using homemade panko with whole wheat bread (you can buy the panko if you want).
I recommend you try other air fryer burgers like air fryer crispy chicken burger recipe or air fryer hake burger recipe.
Although if you have leftover chicken you can try the recipe for popcorn chicken in a airfryer.
If you liked the recipe leave a comment or a rating!
Ingredients for air fryer chicken and spinach burger recipe
- Chicken breast - 14 oz
- 1 Egg
- 1 clove Garlic
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2,8 oz
- 1 package of spinach
- 2 tbsp of panko
- 1/2 tsp of Pepper black
- 1 tsp Onion powder
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and the spinach.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove and add it.
- Let cook for about 3 or 4 minutes with a lid.
- In a food processor, put the chicken into pieces with the spinach and garlic and grind
- Add the beaten egg, cheese, panko and all the spices
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- When everything is very chopped we take it out and form a ball
- We divide into 3 equal balls and shape them into hamburgers with a spoon
- Place them on top of parchment paper in the air fryer.
- We put a little more grated cheese on top and a little Olive oil spray
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 10 minutes
- We turn it over after 5 minutes of cooking so that it browns on the other side
- And we already have our chicken and spinach burger recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good chicken and spinach burger recipe in a airfryer
- I buy bagged spinach and put them in the pan until they shrink completely
- If you don't have a grinder buy minced chicken meat because you won't be able to grind the breast well
- The amount of cheese and spices are to the personal taste of each one
- The dough is very sticky so you will have to use a spoon to shape the burgers or add more panko
- This amount gives me 5 chicken burgers with spinach and cheese
- Add 1 more minute of cooking at 200 ºC on each side so that they brown well
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken breast ➡️ Chicken minced meat, chicken and turkey minced meat, cooked chicken...
- Garlic clove ➡️ Garlic powder
- Shredded mozzarella cheese ➡️ Shredded gouda cheese, grated emmental cheese, minced goat cheese...
- Panko ➡️ Breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley...
- Black pepper ➡️ Seasoning, paprika or the spices you like the most