Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for air fryer chicken nuggets without oil that is very easy to make and healthier than regular nuggets.
The chicken nuggets recipe is a lifelong classic that mothers or fathers prepare for their children and in this case we have the opportunity to make it healthier.
Cooking in the air fryer saves a lot of oil (and money) and you will also prevent your children from eating so much fat.
And not only that, the recipe for fryer chicken nuggets without oil maintains all the original and traditional flavor.
If your children love Burger King or McDonalds chicken nuggets, with this recipe you will be able to replicate and improve those nuggets.
We also recommend that you accompany the chicken nuggets in the air fryer with some deluxe McDonalds-style fries or French fries (also made with the air fryer).
if you want some tips to make a more fitness chicken nuggets recipe, I recommend that you make these changes:
🍗 Change the sliced bread for light cream cheese (it will be less consistent but juicier and you will only have to see if you add more or less milk)
🍗 I recommend using skimmed milk as it is lower in calories
🍗 Change the wheat flour for chickpea flour
🍗 Don't bread the nuggets with breadcrumbs, instead grind some sugar-free cornflakes and you'll have a better result!
Chicken nuggets are not only a recipe for children but can be served as a snack to share with family or friends.
To that snack you can also add some cheese, mushroom and chicken dumplings or some cheese tequeños with a special sauce, and for dessert? La Viña cheesecake is our option.
Ingredients for the chicken nuggets recipe
- Chicken breast
- 2 Eggs
- Milk - 15 ml
- 1 or 2 slices of sliced bread
- Wheat flour - 3.5 oz
- Breadcrumbs - 3.5 oz
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cut the chicken breast into small cubes and put it in a food processor for 2 minutes.
- When it is already crushed, we mix the chicken with a beaten egg, a splash of milk and a slice of shredded bread.
- We add salt and a little more bread or milk depending on the texture since a homogeneous mass should come out
- We give it a nugget shape (or whatever we want) and we begin to bread
- In a bowl we toss the flour, in another bowl we toss the breadcrumbs and in another bowl we beat an egg.
- Now we are passing our nugget through the flour, the egg and the breadcrumbs, in that order.
- When we have the nuggets with their shape, we leave them on a tray for 10 in the refrigerator so that they stay more compact and do not deform.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180ºC
- We paint the nuggets with olive oil or simply spray olive oil on top
- We cook the chicken nuggets at 180 ºC for 10 or 15 minutes in the air fryer (the time will depend on the size you have given it)
- And we already have the recipe for chicken nuggets in a airfryer!
Tips for a good fryer chicken nuggets recipe without oil
- I recommend you follow the tips in the introduction if you want to make a healthier recipe and that you can eat more often
- The nuggets are perfect to accompany with a barbecue sauce or ketchup, and if they are homemade sauces betteron our page we teach you how to make some sauces in the airfryer
- The trick to make the dough for the nuggets look good is to measure how much bread and how much milk you need until you have the consistency that you like the most.
- There are air fryers that require you to flip the nuggets halfway through cooking time, so check if it's your case!
- This chicken nuggets recipe doesn't need a lot of oil.just a little to paint it before putting it in the air fryer
- You can use a mold to shape the nuggets
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken breast ➡️ You can use vegan chicken or a tofu paste (Ideal for a vegan nuggets recipe)
- Sliced bread ➡️ Cream cheese (gives it more creaminess but less consistency)
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Whole milk, skimmed milk or vegetable drinks (oatmeal, soy...)
- Wheat flour ➡️ Cornstarch, chickpea flour or some gluten-free flour
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ Crushed cornflakes