Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for chocolate Neapolitans in a airfryer that are healthier and very easy to make so you don't have to buy industrial ones!
This article will solve all your doubts about how to make easy and fast homemade chocolate napolitans that are healthy in the air fryer.
To make the chocolate Neapolitans we have used puff pastry, although it can be changed or replaced with other elements (you have it below in the section substitution of ingredients).
Depending on the size you give it and how you cut the puff pastry you can have normal Neapolitans or mini chocolate Neapolitans.
It is an easy recipe and can be adapted with different ingredients, such as changing the cocoa cream for white chocolate napolitanas (we should only melt it).
There are more variants of these recipes than we are preparing for the future and they are the gluten-free chocolate Neapolitans and the puff pastry-free chocolate Neapolitans.
All the preparations have been made in the airfryer without using a pot or thermomix.
I recommend other sweet air fryer recipes like the air fryer fig and cocoa cake recipe, the aifryer chocolate filled croissant recipe or the aifryer apple pie recipe.
If you want more recipes with chocolate but healthy in a airfryer, do not hesitate to leave a comment!
Ingredients for the recipe for chocolate napolitanas in air fryer
- Puff pastry (we only need one half)
- 6 tbsp of cocoa cream
- Milk - 20 ml
- Chocolate noodles to taste
Preparation of the chocolate Neapolitan in a airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 9 minutes
- We open and extend our puff pastry
- Cut the dough in half (make it the same on both sides) and keep one of those parts
- The part that remains is cut into 3 equal pieces (with the shape of a rectangle each)
- We add two tablespoons of cocoa cream at the bottom of each part (without touching the edge)
- We close by folding the dough in half, leaving the cocoa cream inside and sealing the sides with a fork as if it were an empanada.
- Prick the top several times with a fork.
- We use the milk to paint the chocolate Neapolitans with a brush
- Add the chocolate noodles on top
- We put the Neapolitans on the grid of the air fryer with a baking paper so that they do not stick
- We cook in the airfryer for 14 minutes at 190 ºC
- When there are 4 minutes left to finish, we turn the Neapolitan
- We remove and repeat the process with the Neapolitans that have not entered our fryer (mine is small and I have to do it in two batches)
- And we already have our recipe for chocolate Neapolitans in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for chocolate Neapolitans in a airfryer
- It depends on the quantity and the size you want for your Neapolitans you will have to use the whole dough or divide into larger or smaller parts
- With these cuts there are 3 small-medium Neapolitans
- The cocoa cream is a little to taste but I recommend that you do not fill it too much because it can burst while cooking or come out on the sides
- It is also not advisable to fill with little because it will only taste like puff pastry
- Close the edges of the Neapolitan well with a fork or the technique you want
- It is important that you prick the upper part of the Neapolitan before cooking it so that it does not burst and the air can escape
- Control the last two minutes in case you want the Neapolitan to come out less toasty
Substitution of ingredients
- Puff pastry dough ➡️ Filo dough or a homemade dough if you know how to make it (I'm sure it will be better)
- Cocoa cream s/a ➡️ I have used the Prozis duo cocoa cream but you can use the one you have at home (I recommend that it be sugar-free and palm oil-free)
- Milk ➡️ Egg (We only use the milk to paint the Neapolitan)
- Chocolate Noodles ➡️ If you don't have or don't want to buy just for a recipe you can use finely chopped or grated dark chocolate