Today we bring you a recipe for cod fritters that you can make in your airfryerThey will be perfect as companions for your meals and you will surely want to prepare more than once.
Although the fritters are very easy to prepare, the truth is that we will need a little patience, since cod requires time to eliminate part of its salt content.
It is a companion who unfortunately it barely allows you to modify your recipeeven so I will give you suggestions on ingredients that you can change and personal tips that will improve your way of preparing fritters.
🧆 You should know that It is not a suitable dish for celiacssince gluten-free flours such as corn or rice are not very useful for preparing fritters.
🧆 This recipe is meant to be served in large quantities, so is a perfect starter for meetings and parties for more than 4 people. What we do recommend is to prepare everything in advance.
🧆 For a healthy and fitness meal we always suggest accompanying the cod fritters with other plugins like salads and dressings prepared at home (Like the aioli).
A delicious sauce for cod fritters is the green sauce or the sauce of raspberries and piquillo peppers cooked in the airfryer
Ingredients for the cod fritters recipe
- Cod - 350 gr
- Wheat flour - 250 gr
- 2 Eggs
- Milk - 100 ml
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning for fish
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp dry baker's yeast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
Preparation of cod fritters
Cod desale time: 4 hours
Repose: 1 hour
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- The first thing we're going to do is Desalt the portion of codwe will leave it soaking in a container and we must change the water every hour for 4 hours.
- The next is boil in hot water fish for 10 minutes, shred the portion into smaller pieces and remove the bones.
- While the cod boils we can prepare a bowl where the flour, yeast, milk, eggs, a pinch of seasoning and pepper will go.
- Later cut the onion into small cubeschop the spring onion branches, and add them to the bowl along with the parsley and chili powder.
- Add the shredded fish, mix, cover the bowl with transparent film, and let stand for 1 h.
- After this time with a small spoon we form balls of dough and We cover the fritters with olive oil with the help of a brush.
- We place parchment paper (or parchment paper) in the bottom of the air fryer basket, put the fritters and set our Airfryer to Seafood mode for 10 minutes at 180°
- Lastly, we rotate the fritters and cook again for another 10 minutes in air fryer until ready to serve.
Tips for a good donut recipe
- The desale of the cod is done according to each person's salt taste, therefore we can leave the fish soaking for less than 4 hours so as not to reduce the taste of salt as much.
- Before putting the fish in the bowl, you can optionally season it with pepper and chili.
- As an alternative we can cut the cod into small squaressimilar to what we did with the onion.
- We recommend the Tartar sauce, or the Ranch sauce as fantastic dressings to accompany cod fritters.
Substitution of ingredients
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ We can change it for whole milk, or lactose-free (for those intolerant to lactose).
- Chile ➡️ White pepper (We recommend using a small amount), or Tabasco sauce to taste (It gives a very intense and different flavor to the fritters).
- Parsley ➡️ Coriander sprigs (They have a stronger flavor than parsley).
- Spring onion twigs ➡️ We can replace them with two chopped celery twigs, they have an effect on the fritters similar to that of the spring onion.