Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for crispy chicken fingers in a airfryer, much healthier and richer than the traditional ones!
Chicken fingers are a very famous food at KFC or Foster Hollywood and that many supermarkets like Mercadona or brands like La Cocinera tried to replicate.
The recipe for crispy chicken fingers in a airfryer follows the traditional American recipe that has a touch of spice.
The best thing about these chicken fingers is that they are crispy, homemade and also healthy.
Before, I always bought frozen chicken fingers and fried them, now I prefer to make the complete recipe for homemade chicken finegrs in a airfryer that are cheaper.
For people who do not have an air fryer, you can make the chicken fingers in the oven.
This recipe for crispy chicken fingers in a airfryer is very easy, with few ingredients that are also cheap and in a few steps to follow.
If you didn't know how to make kfc chicken fingers but crispy, tasty, healthy and homemade version here is the recipe.
I recommend you try other air fryer chicken recipes without oil like the air fryer rotisserie chicken recipe.
If you liked the recipe leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the crispy air fryer chicken fingers recipe
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 egg
- Corn flakes without sugar - 5.3 oz
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips
- In a bowl we put the egg and beat it with the garlic powder, salt, parsley to taste and hot paprika
- We add the strip chicken to the story, we wet it well and let rest
- We take our grinder and we are throwing the cornflakes until they are crushed (they do not need to be powdered), if you do not have a grinder you can use a bag and crush it with a rolling pin
- We place the cornflakes on a plate and we pass the chicken and batter it
- We put parchment paper in the basket of the air fryer and we put the fingers without placing one on top of the other
- We cook in the airfryer for 15 minutes at 180 ºC
- If your fryer is small you can use a rack (double cooking) or do it in two batches like me
- We accompany with some sauce And we already have our recipe for crispy chicken fingers in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for crispy chicken fingers in a airfryer
- This recipe is very similar to the recipe for air fryer popcorn chicken or chicken nuggets
- You can mix the egg with a splash of milk to give it more texture
- The corn flakes are crushed very quickly in the grinder or grinder, remember that they should not be too big or too small
- If you don't have a grinder you can put the cornflakes in a zip-top bag or with a knot and crush with a rolling pin or a glass
- It is important not to place the chicken fingers on top of each other so that they cook well: either do it in batches or use a rack to put several higher ones
- I recommend that you turn it over 2 minutes before finishing so that it browns on both sides.
- You can spray a little Olive oil before they finish cooking
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken ➡️ Turkey (will come out drier)
- Corn flakes s/a ➡️ Spelled flakes (you can buy it at Mercadona) or panko
- Garlic powder ➡️ Garlic powder with parsley
- Dried parsley ➡️ Herbes de Provence
- Sweet paprika ➡️ Spicy paprika