Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for crispy chicken legs in a airfryer with a spicy touch!
How to cook chicken legs may seem complicated but with this recipe it will be very simple and only cooking with the air fryer.
Chicken feet is a recommended food for anemia and they also have very good properties and nutrients.
The least healthy thing about this recipe for crispy chicken legs is the batter, which, although it is not fried, is not the healthiest thing in the world either.
This no-oil air fryer crispy chicken feet recipe is semi-spicy for the cayenne but if you don't like it spicy you can substitute it for the spice that you like the most.
I recommend other recipes with air fryer chicken without oil such as air fryer chicken thighs recipe, air fryer chicken nuggets recipe or aifryer roast chicken recipe
If you want more original recipes with chicken you can leave a comment below!
Ingredients for Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe
- 6 chicken feet
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp panko
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- spray olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Wash chicken feet and trim nails if necessary
- In a pot, boil water with a pinch of salt and put the chicken legs
- Cook over medium-high heat for 30 minutes while skimming the fat from time to time
- In a bowl, beat the egg and add the salt, the cayenne pepper, the cornstarch and the panko and mix everything well.
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 180 ºC
- We take the legs out of the water and drain them
- We put them in the bowl of the mixture and smear them well on all sides
- We place it in the basket of the air fryer and spray it with a little Olive oil
- We cook in the airfryer for 15 minutes at 180 ºC
- Remove, put on a plate and sprinkle natural chopped parsley and some sauce that we like
- And we already have our recipe for crispy chicken legs in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for crispy chicken legs in a airfryer
- If the legs have nails you have to cut them with scissors so you don't find surprises later
- The broth where the legs are cooked can be saved for a stew, and if you do, I recommend that you add vegetables to enhance the flavor
- In the beaten egg you can add the spices you want, in this case, I have preferred to add cayenne for semi-spicy chicken legs
- Olive oil is optional but it will give it more flavor and that toasted touch simulating "frying"
- I recommend that you accompany it with piquillo sauce and raspberries in air fryer or the Mexican green sauce in air fryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Cornstarch ➡️ Regular wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- Panko ➡️ Breadcrumbs
- Cayenne ➡️ Chilli or the species you like the most
- Natural parsley ➡️ Parsley in spices