Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for crispy ham in a fryer without healthy oil and for a quick but delicious snack!
Thanks to the air fryer we will no longer have to make crispy Iberian ham in the microwave or oven or use the toaster either.
With the air fryer we can make the crispy ham at the same time as the toasted bread and at the same time we gratin the cheese.
In this recipe for crispy serrano ham in a airfryer we will explain how to make a crispy ham fast, easy and with a lot of flavor.
It is a recipe that does not have much mystery, although the ingredients can be adapted and changed to suit each one.
In my case I have not used any special accessories for the airfryer more than the basket itself where I have put the crispy serrano ham.
I recommend you that you prepare this recipe for a snack, to share with family or friends since everyone will be delighted.
And the best thing is that it is a very healthy recipe in aifryer and that it is very filling.
Here are other air fryer snack recipes like the Aifryer Popcorn Chicken Recipe or the Aifryer PX Cheese Toast Recipe.
If you want more recipes with ham in a airfryer, do not hesitate to leave a comment!
Ingredients for the crispy ham recipe in aifryer
- Half a loaf of wholemeal bread
- A package of ham
- 2 tsp of Herbes de Provence
- Goat cheese
Preparation of crispy serrano ham in a airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Cut the half loaf of bread into slices (type pincho or tapa)
- With a brush and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil we paint each slice of bread
- Put a slice of serrano ham folded on top of each slice
- Add a pinch of Herbes de Provence on top
- Cut a wedge of the cured sheep cheese into small squares or very finely chopped
- Add a little cheese distributed over each slice of bread
- Cook in the airfryer for 4 minutes at 160 ºC
- If you take out the slice of bread and see that the cheese has not melted, add another minute of cooking
- We take it out, accompany it with another snack starter and We already have our crispy serrano ham recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good crispy serrano ham recipe in a airfryer
- Do not make the slices of bread too thin or too thicktry to make something in between that holds the lid but doesn't just taste like bread
- When you place the ham on the bread, do it covering the entire surface but without protruding (I try to fold it as best I can)
- You can put the olive oil directly on the bread or on top of the Serrano ham
- Remember that the air fryer works with air currents and if you put a few buns, with little quantity, they may fly out
- I like finely chopped cheese because I want it to melt but you can not cook it and when you take out the ham add it triangle mode
Substitution of ingredients
- Wholemeal bread loaf ➡️ Classic loaf of bread, Galician loaf of bread, handmade loaf of bread...
- Serrano ham ➡️ Smoked bacon, braised turkey slices or braised chicken
- Herbes de Provence ➡️ Oregano or basil (any aromatic herb)
- Cured sheep cheese ➡️ Grated mozzarella cheese, gouda cheese, semi-cured cheese or simply not add cheese and enjoy the serrano ham