Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for croutons with garlic and cheese in a airfryer, very easy and quick to prepare!
Croutons are small pieces of bread that are fried or toasted (in this case in the air fryer).
The use given to croutons is as a companion for gazpacho, for salmorejo, for soups, for salads, for chocolate...
In Spain, croutons from Cadiz, Asturian and Tenerife are famous.
Sweet croutons exist, but this no-oil fryer garlic and cheese crouton recipe is obviously a savory recipe.
Formerly, I used to prepare the croutons in the oven but with the air fryer it is faster and easier.
I recommend you try our recipe for croutons with garlic and cheese in a airfryer to accompany your dishes.
In the meantime you can try the sweet and sour air fryer pork recipe or the air fryer fried pork rinds recipe.
And for dessert, do not leave without trying the oreo cake recipe in a airfryer.
Leave us a comment if you liked and served the recipe!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Croutons Recipe
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan Cheese
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- Preheat the air fryer to 180ºC for 3 minutes
- Cut the slices of bread into small squares
- In a bowl, put the bread with the spices, a pinch of salt and a little spray of Olive oil (if you don't have spray, a little bit)
- We mix everything well and put it in the basket of the air fryer
- Cook in the airfryer at 180ºC for 8 minutes
- When 4 minutes have passed, remove the croutons and add the grated Parmesan cheese on top
- And we already have our recipe for croutons with garlic and cheese in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for croutons with garlic and cheese in a airfryer
- I have prepared it with spelled bread (I buy it at Mercadona) but you can use sandwich bread
- The squares of bread cannot be too big or too small because they burn
- You can add the spices you like and in the amounts you prefer
- If you change the garlic powder for grated natural garlic, leave the mix in the bowl for 15 minutes to get more flavor
Substitution of ingredients
- Wholemeal bread ➡️ Spelled bread, rye bread, normal bread
- Garlic powder ➡️ Natural garlic or onion powder
- Olive oil ➡️ Truffled olive oil or melted butter
- Black pepper ➡️ Hot paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese ➡️ Grated Grana Padano cheese, grated mozzarella cheese or whatever you have at home