Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for easy and fluffy Easter bread in a airfryer, ideal to eat at Easter!
There are many ways to prepare Easter bread, either with walnuts, almonds, raisins, with or without candied fruit, with dried fruit...
This recipe for Easter bread in a airfryer is easy, quick and homemade.
At BiteMyRecipe we like to follow original recipes and grandma's recipes to get the best flavor.
The origin of the Easter bread recipe is Chilean where it was made in a traditional way every year.
Now it has spread throughout the world and we can find the Italian, German, Spanish, Chilean Easter bread recipe...
This Easter bread recipe is with raisins, without candied fruit and cooked only with the air fryer.
It is an ideal tasty result to serve in the family meal.
Also, the recipe for Easter bread in a airfryer It is fluffy and moist, with a totally homemade flavor.
I recommend you try other Easter recipes like the air fryer Easter cupcakes recipe, the air fryer Pascualina cake recipe or the air fryer Mona de Pascua recipe!
If you like our recipe do not hesitate to leave a comment!
Ingredients for Easter bread recipe in air fryer
- Semi-skimmed milk - 140 ml (for the preferment)
- 1 tsp of Fresh yeast (for the preferment)
- strength flour - 2.11 oz (for the preferment)
- Sultanas - 1 oz
- Strength flour - 7 oz
- 2 Eggs
- White sugar - 0.88 oz
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger to taste
- Butter - 2.3 oz
- Peach jam
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Repose: 2 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix the ingredients of the preferment
- Cover the bowl with film and let stand 1 hour at room temperature
- In a small bowl add the raisins with a splash of rum and reserve
- To the preferment we add the flour, the sugar, a pinch of salt and spices, an egg and mix well
- When everything has been integrated we begin to knead with our hands (better if it is with a mixer)
- Add the softened butter and continue kneading until it is incorporated.
- On a flat surface we spread flour and stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin
- Drain the raisins and spread them over the dough
- We knead again and let stand 1 hour in a bowl covered with film inside the oven off
- When it has doubled in size, we use a kitchen scale and cut 7 equal portions
- In the basket of the air fryer we put parchment paper and 1 or 2 loaves depending on the size (without touching them)
- Preheat the airfryer to 190 ºC
- In a bowl, beat an egg with a splash of milk.
- Brush each loaf with the egg and milk mixture.
- We cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 15-20 minutes
- We take out and paint the top with peach jam before they cool
- And we already have our recipe for Easter bread in a airfryer!
Tips for a good Easter bread recipe in a airfryer
- If you do not want to make the preferment, you can add these ingredients to the total mass, but it must have a minimum of 4 hours of complete rest.
- It is recommended to make all the rests in a bowl covered with film inside the oven off with the door fitted (to avoid drafts)
- Kneading the dough by hand can be a bit complicated and slow, so if you can, do it with a mixer.
- To have the butter in ointment, let it temper for an hour or heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave
- The portions can be divided by eye, I do them with the scale to be more precise
- The peach jam will add shine and sweetness but it is optional
Substitution of ingredients
- Semi-skimmed milk ➡️ Whole milk, skimmed milk, lactose-free milk, oatmeal drink...
- Sultanas Raisins ➡️ Candied Fruit
- Rum ➡️ Sweet wine or almond liqueur
- White sugar ➡️ Sweeteners
- Butter ➡️ Light butter or margarine
- Peach jam ➡️ Strawberry jam or some jam