We have a very traditional Spanish recipe cooked and prepared in the air fryer: Churros in the airfryer.
Churros or porras are an unhealthy food but very tastyis served in many bars and cafes accompanied by a coffee or hot chocolate.
Surely you have tried it, dipping churros or a good baton in hot chocolate is probably one of the best experiences you can enjoy on a winter morning.
At BiteMyRecipe we bring you a recipe for homemade and crispy churros for breakfast cooked in the air fryer.
The Airfryer allows you to get a very good crisp and eat a few healthier and low calorie churros.
It is the ideal breakfast for children since they usually enjoy it a lot, and of course, it can be a surprise breakfast for a family reunion.
Do you want other desserts and pastries specialized in the airfryer? Try this lemon cake or some fat-free pancakes with banana
so keep at hand a good coffee or a good hot chocolate to enjoy some delicious churros prepared in the airfryer.
Ingredients of the Churros in the airfryer
- Wheat flour - 8.8 oz
- Milk or Water - 220 ml
- Icing sugar, dulce de leche or melted chocolate (Toppings) - Optional
Making Churros in an Airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Pour 220 ml of milk or hot water in a pot
- sprinkle a pinch of salt
- When it comes to a boil, we separate it
- With the milk or the very hot water we take it to a separate bowl
- Mix the flour with the hot milk and a splash of olive oil
- With a wooden spatula we mix without burning so that there are no lumps
- We wait for it to cool down covered with a kitchen towel
- We take the dough and introduce it in a churrera or in a pastry bag
- We form churros on a tray with baking paper
- We prepare the air fryer at 180ºC
- We place the churros that fit in the air fryer basket
- Sprinkle icing sugar, dulce de leche or melted chocolate over the churros and eat!
Tips for Preparing Churros in an Air Fryer
- If you use a pastry bag you must use a star nozzle as deep as possible so that it removes all the air when forming the churros
- You may mix half milk and half water (110ml+110ml) so that it is less fattening and softer
- We recommend brush the churros with olive oil to make them more golden
Other Ingredients to Cook Churros in the Airfryer
- Milk ➡️ Water
- Extra virgin olive oil ➡️ Olive Oil or High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Strength flour ➡️ Maizena flour or any type of flour