Today at BiteMyRecipe we bring you a wonderful Colombian recipe, Creole potatoes cooked in the airfryer.
Creole potatoes they have great benefits such as fiber which helps maintain healthy digestion and minerals such as iron to prevent anemia.
Creole potatoes have a greater flavor than traditional potatoes, that is why they are so coveted, you can accompany them with cheese, ham and any food, it is a very versatile food
Being a healthy ingredient and easy to cook, we will find it in many supermarkets, our best companion to keep the flavor of Creole potatoes intact is a mixture of herbs and a tasty oil for smearing the potatoes.
This recipe for Creole potatoes in the air fryer it is healthier than french friesthey are similar to steamed creole potatoes but tasty and faster to cook.
The recipe for Creole potatoes is very common, usually accompanied by chili or garlicthe bad thing about these recipes is that the flavor of the garlic or the chili can kill the original flavor of the potatoes
It is a great starter or companion for meals such as meat or fish, the fiber that Creole potatoes have will help to have a good digestion during and after the meal
And to end the meal, a perfect healthy and light dessert could be a homemade cheese flan in the airfryer or a delicious digestive lemon cake in the air fryer
Ingredients for the recipe for Creole Potatoes in a airfryer
- Creole potatoes - 15
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Prepare the Creole potatoes in a bowl with cold water and we remove all the impurities and possible embedded soil, we also remove protruding tubers and roots
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil in a bowl with the branches or spices of parsley, oregano and rosemary
- We smear the Creole potatoes using a kitchen brush with the mixture of the Olive oil and the spices on all sides
- We prepare the air fryer at 160ºC for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side)
- We place parchment paper or special fryer paper without oil and inside the basket we put all the spiced Creole potatoes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the Creole potatoes, turn them over and cook them for another 10 minutes to make them tender
- When the air fryer is finished, remove the potatoes in a tray on absorbent paperin this way we remove the excess oil
- You can accompany the potatoes with a little coriander and even lemon
Tips for a good recipe for Creole Potatoes in a airfryer
- If you have a pan handy, you can sauté the Creole potatoes before cooking them in the air fryer with a little butterthis way you will get them crispy
- The smaller the Creole potatoes are, the more tender and tasty they will be
- We advise you to use extra virgin olive oil, the more quality it has, the better it will be
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking in the air fryer, you can add a little gratin cheese on top, they will be delicious
Substitution of ingredients
- Olive oil ➡️ Butter, normal olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil
- All spices ➡️ Mix of dried herbs, Provencal herbs or any assortment is valid: Clove, Laurel...
- Black pepper ➡️ Sweet paprika or hot paprika (paprika)
- Salt ➡️ Himalayan pink salt, sea salt or salt flakes