Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for Eggplant Bolognese recipe in airfryer that is very easy, healthy and with a very good flavor!
Eggplants are a very versatile ingredient and they adapt very well with tomatoes.
I use this recipe when I feel like Bolognese pasta but in a healthier and more fitness version.
This recipe for eggplant bolognese in an airfryer without oil is prepared quickly and very easily, in addition to having few ingredients.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Air Fryer and a skillet.
I have not used a thermomix, pots, microwave, steamer or oven.
If you didn't know how to cook some eggplant bolognese in an air fryer, here is the airfryer recipe book with all the ingredients and the step-by-step preparation.
Don't forget to visit our latest airfryer Easter cookie recipe and leave a comment if you liked it!
You can also visit our eggplant recipe with tomato sauce in airfryer that is delicious.
Ingredients for the Bolognese eggplant recipe in airfryer
- 2 Eggplants
- Chicken minced meat - 7 oz
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Crushed natural tomato - 4,2 oz
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2,1 oz
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- EVOO spray
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cut the aubergines in half vertically and make shallow cuts inside.
- Place the reusable air fryer mold in the basket, the aubergines on top and add a handful of salt and sprayed olive oil
- Cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 10 minutes
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil over medium high heat
- Peel and chop the carrot and onion into small pieces
- Add to the pan and sauté with a pinch of salt until soft.
- Add the minced meat together with the parsley and black pepper and sauté
- Add the natural tomato, oregano and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- We remove the aubergines and with some tongs we turn them around
- Cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 15 minutes
- After that time, we take out the aubergines and remove their interior to add the bolognese and mix it
- We put grated cheese on top of each one and put the basket back in the airfryer
- Cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 5 minutes
- If you want to gratin it completely add 3 or 4 more minutes of cooking
- And we already have our recipe for eggplant Bolognese in an airfryer ready!
Tips for a good recipe for eggplant Bolognese in an airfryer
- It is recommended to leave the aubergines in water and salt for at least one or two hours to remove the bitterness
- Do not forget to make the cuts inside the aubergine (without breaking it) so that it cooks before
- Cooking times depend on the quantity and size of the aubergines
- We have more air fryer eggplant recipes , feel free to visit them!
- If you do not want the aubergines to be gratin, do not reintroduce them with the cheese
- Taste the bolognese before adding it to the aubergines to see if the acidity needs to be corrected
- Eggplants ➡️ Zucchini
- Chicken minced meat ➡️ Mixed or pork minced meat
- Carrot ➡️ Zucchini or green pepper
- Onion ➡️ Chives, sweet onion, purple onion
- Crushed natural tomato ➡️ Fried tomato or ratatouille (the one from Mercadona looks great on you)
- Grated mozzarella cheese ➡️ Any grated cheese or grana padanno