Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for eggplant chips with thyme in a airfryer that is very easy to make, quick and perfect to serve as a starter or appetizer!
How to make aubergine chips in an air fryer is very easy and cooks perfectly without an oven, without a Thermomix and without a microwave.
Making aubergine chips like Jordi Cruz has never been so easy, plus you don't need any aifryer accessories in this recipe.
The fit fryer eggplant chips recipe without oil is suitable for vegans and vegetarians although there is an option that is not.
On another occasion we will prepare a recipe for eggplant chips with honey or eggplant and cheese chips in an air fryer that are delicious.
Though if you want some aubergine chips with honey you just have to pass them through a bowl of honey before cooking them in the air fryer.
Prepare battered eggplant chips (although it is not literally battered because it only has a little flour) It is easy, fast and ideal to serve as a starter in a meal.
You can also make the fried eggplant chips recipe but it has more calories, more oil and if you do it in the air fryer they will be just as crispy but healthier.
You can repeat this recipe with the zucchini and have an air fryer zucchini chips recipe or make a combo of eggplant and zucchini chips in an air fryer.
It all depends on the taste of each person and the hunger that is clear.
I recommend other aifryer appetizers such as the air fryer savory mini croissants recipe or the air fryer ham croquettes recipe.
If you have cooked the aubergine chips in an air fryer, tell us how they turned out in the comments!
Ingredients for aifryer eggplant chips recipe
- 2 Eggplants
- 1 tbsp of Thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground Cayenne
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
- Wheat flour
- 1 clove Garlic
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- We preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC while we prepare the aubergine chips
- Cut the aubergines into very thin slices (without peeling the aubergines)
- We put salt and cayenne pepper on top of all the eggplant chips
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add the chips so that they are well impregnated.
- And a flat plate we put a little flour and batter
- Put the aubergine chips in the air fryer basket and spray Olive oil on top, stirring so that they all get wet
- Add finely chopped garlic and thyme on top.
- We cook in the airfryer for 15 minutes at 200 ºC
- Do not forget to shake the aifryer basket from time to time and before taking it out we check if we want it more crispy or golden
- And we already have our recipe for eggplant chips with thyme in a airfryer!
Tips for a good fryer eggplant chips recipe without oil
- You can mix spices like cayenne or black pepper directly into the flour
- It is not necessary to peel the aubergine but if it is not essential
- Garlic can be put natural or as a spice mixed with wheat flour, although in that case I recommend the garlic and parsley spice
- Check several times that the aubergine chips do not burn or brown very quickly (in this case lower the temperature to 190 ºC)
- It is important that you shake the air fryer basket a couple of times during cooking so that all the chips cook evenly.
- You can accompany the aubergine chips with some saucehere I leave you the recipe for Mexican green sauce in aifryer or the recipe for raspberry and piquillo sauce in aifryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Wholemeal flour, oatmeal, wholemeal oatmeal, rye flour, chickpea flour....
- Eggplants ➡️ Courgettes
- Thyme ➡️ Rosemary
- Natural garlic ➡️ Garlic powder spice, onion powder or garlic and parsley
- Ground cayenne ➡️ Black pepper or hot paprika