Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a very healthy recipe for aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese in a airfryer.
It is a fitness and sugar-free recipe, ideal for a diet or to lose weight.
Eggplants can be a difficult vegetable to eat, especially for little ones.but mixed with a good homemade tomato sauce and melted cheese everyone likes it.
Below I have left you different cheeses with which you can make this recipe, each one gives it a special and different flavor.
Aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese are easy to make, with cheap ingredients found in any supermarket.
Everything cooked in the recipe for aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese is in the air fryer and without oil to make them healthier.
With these healthy recipes you can improve your diet and lose weight faster.
I recommend other healthy recipes from BiteMyRecipe: recipe for roasted chicken in a airfryer, recipe for pizza with a sweet potato base in an air fryer or recipe for cod fritters in an air fryer.
If you want us to make a recipe feel free to leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the recipe for aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese
- 2 medium aubergines
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2.9 oz
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes (+2 hours of rest)
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- Wash and cut the aubergines into slices
- Put them on a tray with a pinch of salt and let them rest for 2 hours
- We put the garlic powder, the onion powder and the black pepper on top of the aubergines
- We cook for 15 minutes at 180 ºC in the airfryer
- We remove and put them in a source or mold adapted to the air fryer
- Add the homemade tomato sauce on top with the oregano and then the grated mozzarella cheese
- We put the mold in the airfryer and leave 3 minutes at 180ºC until the cheese gratin
- And we already have our recipe for eggplants with tomato sauce and cheese in air fryer!
Tips for a good recipe for aubergines with tomato sauce and cheese in a airfryer
- The eggplant itself is a bitter vegetable, that's why it is important to soak it in water and salt for at least 2 hours before cooking it
- I prefer to mix the homemade tomato with the oregano separately and then add it on top of the aubergines
- Both the quantities and the spices are to taste (you can change what you want)
- I leave the grated cheese on the top layer to gratin
- You can heat the whole set in the air fryer but if your pan is too big in the microwave or oven for a few minutes is also done
Substitution of ingredients
- Eggplants ➡️ Zucchini (We would save ourselves from soaking, and the cooking time would be less)
- Homemade natural tomato ➡️ Fried tomato without sugar or crushed natural tomato if you like
- Shredded mozzarella cheese ➡️ Shredded gouda cheese (it's very good) or any other grated cheese, although you can also add chunky goat cheese or provolone
- Spices ➡️ You can add more or substitute by some such as powdered parsley, nutmeg or herbs de Provence