Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for falafel with original yogurt sauce, easy and with just a few steps, ideal for a dinner with a lot of flavor!
Who has not tried to buy a falafel and has been craving a homemade and traditional recipe?
There are many origins of falafel, be it Arabic, Palestinian, Mexican...
This recipe for falafel with yogurt sauce in a airfryer it is suitable for children and for vegans (it would be necessary to change to a soy yogurt).
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
You do not need a thermomix, oven, grill, microwave, although it is recommended to use a blender so that the falafel dough is better.
This recipe is kid-friendly and healthier than traditional.
I highly recommend trying other air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe or Air Fryer Garlic Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for the falafel recipe with yogurt sauce in air fryer
- Cooked chickpeas - 12.3 oz
- 4 tbsp of wheat flour
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Lemon juice - 15 ml
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Repose: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- In a large bowl, put the chickpeas, the flour, the peeled onion, the cumin, the garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Blend with a blender until smooth.
- Let cool in the fridge for 40 minutes
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt with the garlic powder, lemon juice, black pepper and salt to taste.
- We cool in the fridge also while we prepare the falafel
- Remove the falafel dough and shape it into a medium ball.
- Place them all on top of parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 12 minutes
- When taking out we accompany the falafel with salad and the homemade yogurt rooms
- And we already have our recipe for falafel with yogurt sauce in a airfryer!
Tips for a good falafel recipe with yogurt sauce in a airfryer
- Try eating them with pita bread or this recipe for crystal bread with walnuts in a airfryer
- Remember to soak the chickpeas for 24-26 hours if you want to make them natural and not from a jar
- If you have an automatic glass blender better than the hand blender to avoid lumps
- If you like parsley add a little finely chopped to the falafel balls
- Yogurt sauce can be mixed with a fork or manual rods without problem
Substitution of ingredients
- Cooked chickpeas from the boat ➡️ Natural chickpeas (let them rest for about 36 hours in water) or lentils
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour or rice flour
- Black pepper ➡️ Hot paprika
- Natural yogurt ➡️ Natural Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice ➡️ Lemon concentrate