Did you wake up this morning wanting some good French toast and can you prepare it in the airfryer?
Well yes, and I love them, especially with sliced bread and if it is thick, much better.
Well, if you haven't tried the famous French toast in the airfryer, we have prepared one amazing recipe for french toast in the air fryer delicious.
These french toast are very tasty, crunchy and can be mixed with all kinds of fruit and syrups.
Being prepared with hardly any oil we can enjoy some good fit and healthy French toast, I leave you here some ingredients to substitute for make them healthy and wholesome:
🍞 The sliced bread can be substituted for whole wheat sliced bread or low carb bread like the one sold in Prozis or in some supermarkets
🍞 Mix the toast with different raw fruits
🍞 Use sugar-free syrups to reduce cosugar intake, unsweetened cocoa powder...
🍞 Sugar can be substituted with a sweetener such as Stevia or Erythritol
This recipe includes eggs although you can not use them if you are allergic to them and the preparation is the same, super easy, here we go!
Air Fryer French Toast Ingredients
- Thick sliced bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk - 330ml
- Butter - 2.6 oz
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- Sugar to taste
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
Preparation of French toast
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Mix the two eggs, the cup of milk and about 4 or 5 drops of vanilla extract
- we beat by hand and add the nutmeg, stir until everything is well integrated
- When a homogeneous liquid mass remains, put the slices of bread inside and soak it well on both sides
- We prepare the air fryer with the BACON function (to make it crispy) at 190ºC for 10 minutes
- Place the slices of bread already wet and impregnated with the mixture on the grid of the air fryer.
- We wait 5 minutes, turn it over and add a few cubes of butter above the part already cooked, and we wait another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a bowl with the brown sugar
- We take the toasts out of the fryer and coat them with a little brown sugar
- Finally we serve with a little fruit and we put maple syrup, honey or chocolate on top, whatever you want!
Air Fryer French Toast Recipe Tips
- If you use a hard or very thick bread much better since if they are thin or very fragile they can break when wet with the mix.
- You can sprinkle icing sugar on top of the toast to decorate it a bit.
- the best fruit to accompany the french toast are: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries with cream and fruit jam.
Ingredients that can be substituted in the French Toast with the Airfryer
- Vanilla ➡️ Liquid caramel (You can reduce the intensity with a small splash of milk)
- Nutmeg ➡️ Cinnamon
- Sliced bread ➡️ Brioche bread