Today at BiteMyRecipe we bring you a recipe that is well known in Andalusia and throughout Spain, some healthy and delicious fried anchovies but this time, in the airfryer.
This fish is rich in omega 3, they are easy to cook and addictive, children love them and this recipe is intended for people who want quick and tasty anchovies.
The flour that we are going to use in the anchovies will provide a very good crunch in the mouth.
The oil fryer cooks with very hot air with which it allows to maintain all the nutrients and flavors within the fish
The battered or fried anchovies in the air fryer can be accompanied with salads, elaborate dishes or any other appetizer.
We recommend you buy plenty of anchovies since they are a vice, they are like popcorn, once you start eating them you do not stop.
There are many people who like lemon and that is anchovies such as sardines are a very tasty type of fish to eat together with the lemon dressing.
- Fresh anchovies - 17.6 oz
- Flour - 1.7 oz
- lemon (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
Elaboration in Airfryer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- We are going to remove the heads from the anchovies and clean the impurities in abundant cold water (You can skip to step 3 if you already have clean anchovies or use frozen anchovies)
- We open them carefully in the center and we also clean them with water, we will remove the guts (we can differentiate them by being a very thin purple line in the center of the fish)
- We use a sifter for the flour and divide the anchovies in a tray with the sifted flour, we must have all the anchovies well floured
- We sprinkle a little salt on top
- Shake the anchovies one by one on another plate removing excess flour
- When we have all the floured anchovies ready, prepare the airfryer at 180ºC for 12 minutes
- We grease the fryer basket without oil or use special paper to cook in air fryer
- After 6 minutes, turn all the anchovies with tongs so they cook on both sides.
- Remove the anchovies to a plate lined with absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- And enjoy these delicious and crispy anchovies in the air fryer!
Tips for a good recipe of Fried Anchovies in the Airfryer
- If the anchovies are frozen, wait for them to thaw completely to be able to flour them correctly
- You can brush each anchovy with a little extra virgin olive oil after flouring them so that they stay golden brown in the air fryer
- The best companions for fried anchovies are mayonnaise and lemonalthough if you like to enjoy the flavor of anchovies, you do not need to accompany it with anything, they are great just the way they are!
- If you want another very tasty and healthy starter to accompany the fried anchovies, we recommend some sardines in the air fryer or some potato and courgette chips
Substitution of ingredients
- Anchovies ➡️ Anchovies
- Salt ➡️ Himalayan pink salt or salt flakes
- Flour ➡️ You can use any flour, even pastry flour