Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for fried milk for diabetics in a airfryer, simple and without sugar!
For Easter, a typical dessert or breakfast is fried milk with Grandma's recipe.
In my case I have tried a version of the healthy and light fried milk for diabetics without sugar.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
If you want, you can change or adapt the ingredients that you like the most, although If it is a prescription for a diabetic person, you should comply with:
🥛 Use skim milk and sweetener (no sugar!)
🥛 Cook in the air fryer and do not fry it (we avoid fats)
I recommend other recipes for diabetics in an air fryer such as the orange flan recipe in air fryer or the healthy bollycao recipe in air fryer
Ingredients for the fried milk recipe for diabetics in air fryer
- Cornstarch - 1.2 oz
- Milk - 400 ml
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp of Stevia powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Wheat flour (to coat the milk)
- 1 Egg
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Repose: 10-12 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Grate the lemon and keep only the zest
- We put a pot to heat with 300 ml of milk, the lemon zest, the stevia and the cinnamon stick
- Let boil while stirring and remove from heat
- Put a lid on the pot and let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the rest of the milk. and cinnamon powder
- We beat with some manual rods to remove the lumps
- Strain the infused milk and add it to the bowl
- Mix until you have a homogeneous mass
- In a container, spray extra virgin olive oil to grease and add the warm mixture
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge until the next day
- We prepare a bowl with beaten eggs and a flat plate with flour
- Cut the dough into equal and small squares of milk
- Pass the cubes of milk through the egg and then through the flour
- Place the fried milk on parchment paper for air fryer
- We cook in the airfryer at 150 ºC for 20 minutes
- Take out and add cinnamon on top
- And we already have our recipe for fried milk for diabetics in a airfryer!
Tips for a good fried milk recipe for diabetics in a airfryer
- You can add the milk and cornstarch mixture to the pot and let cook about 10 min over low heat for greater consistency
- If you don't have that much time, 4 or 5 hours of rest will be enough
- Do not forget to grease the mold and rest the film on the dough so that it does not create a crust
- If you add enough quantity, stir the basket a couple of times during cooking
- You can cut the fried milk into squares or large rectangles (they still need more cooking)
- You can also try our recipe for air fryer fried milk with sugar
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Cornstarch or whole wheat flour
- Skimmed milk ➡️ Semi milk or vegetable drinks (skimmed milk is much better for diabetics)
- Lemon ➡️ Orange