Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for fried sole in a airfryer that is much healthier than the traditional one!
Sole is a fish that can be cooked in many ways: baked, grilled, stuffed, menier, in sauce...
Although what we have all seen in a traditional way is the typical fried sole.
I have preferred to prepare the recipe for fried sole in a airfryer to make them healthier, easier and faster.
In addition, this saves me having to fry with oil and all the grease.
I have prepared everything in my Innsky 5.5L air fryer, if you have a smaller one see the tips section.
Sole is a mild fish that can come in handy for childrenalthough always with great care.
I recommend you try other air fryer fish recipes such as the air fryer mojarra recipe or the air fryer fried anchovies recipe
And to close your menu of the day, try the recipe for ensaimada with angel hair in an air fryer that you are going to love!
If you like the recipe leave us a comment below!
Ingredients for air fryer sole recipe
- 2 medium sole fillets
- 2 Eggs
- Breadcrumbs - 2.11 oz (for breading)
- 1 tsp herbace provencal
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer at 200 ºC for 5 minutes
- Wash the fillets of sole and cut in half if they are very large
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt and the herbes de Provence
- In a flat plate put breadcrumbs
- Pass the fillet of sole through the egg and then through the breadcrumbs
- Place the sole fillets in the air fryer basket without touching them
- We spray Olive oil on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 180 ºC for 10-12 minutes
- Halfway through the time we turn the fillets
- And we already have our recipe for fried sole in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for fried sole in a airfryer
- For the children I like to cut the fillet of sole in half and if you have a small air fryer it will be the best
- To place the sole I put the air fryer protector underneath
- If you forget to preheat the air fryer nothing happens, add a couple of minutes to the cooking time
- It is important to turn the fish halfway through
- Also you can pass the sole fillet through egg, wheat flour and breadcrumbs (I prefer to save the step of the flour because it is the same for me)
- The point of the fish is to taste of each one, watch the last minutes to know yours
Substitution of ingredients
- Sole fillets ➡️ Hake or cod
- Provencal herbs ➡️ Parsley or black pepper
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ Breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley or panko