Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for a gratin sandwich in an air fryer that is very simple and quick to prepare!
If you don't have a stove to toast sandwiches, you can help yourself with our beloved airfryer.
The ingredients I use to fill it are optional and to each person's taste.
This au gratin sandwich recipe in an airfryer is ideal to save you some dinner and is made quickly.
I cooked everything in my 5.5 L air fryer.
It has been prepared without an oven, without pots, without pans and without a microwave.
If you didn't know how to prepare au gratin sandwich in an airfryer, here you have the free airfryer recipe and the step-by-step preparation.
If you liked our delicious airfryer gratin sandwich, leave a comment below!
Don't forget to visit our latest airfryer picanha recipe or airfryer cinnamon rolls recipe.
Ingredients for the airfryer gratin sandwich recipe
- 2 slices of sliced bread (better if it is a large slice)
- 2 slices of Havarti Cheese
- 1 slice of cooked ham
- Grated cheese
- Goat cheese
- Serrano ham cubes
Preparation in air fryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We spread the butter on the bread on both sides
- We place baking paper for air fryer in the basket and two separate slices of bread on top
- We add the slices of cheese and ham and the rest of the ingredients on top of the two slices of bread, and we leave the grated cheese to put it on top of everything.
- We cook in the fryer without oil at 170 ºC for 8 minutes
- We carefully remove it from the air fryer and add the other two slices of bread without anything.
- We cook in the fryer without oil at 180 ºC for 2-3 minutes
- We assemble the two sandwiches carefully
- And now we have our airfryer gratin sandwich recipe ready!
Tips for a good au gratin sandwich recipe in an air fryer
- It is better to use large slices of bread so that it does not spill over the sides
- Butter gives a lot of juiciness to the bread.
- Check the bread halfway through to check that it is not burning.
- It can also be eaten as gratin toast.
- The amounts are approximate, I add it as I prefer that day.
Substitution of ingredients
- Sliced bread ➡️ Slice of normal bread, sliced bread with seeds, whole wheat sliced bread…
- Havarti sliced cheese ➡️ Any sliced or tranchete cheese
- Cooked ham ➡️ York ham, cooked turkey, braised ham, serrano ham…
- Grated cheese ➡️ Cheese to gratin
- Butter ➡️ EVOO
- Goat cheese ➡️ Camembert or Brie cheese