Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a healthy and very tasty recipe for green asparagus battered in a airfryer!
There are many recipes with asparagus, whether they are scrambled, stuffed, grilled, au gratin, sautéed...
I love this recipe for battered green asparagus in a airfryer as a healthy starter or snack.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky Air Fryer.
They are wild asparagus that I have used and I have added cheese to give it more flavor and juiciness.
You can season them as you like and it is much better than pre-cooked appetizers.
I recommend other healthy air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe or Air Fryer Edamame Recipe
Ingredients for the air fryer battered green asparagus recipe
- Fresh green asparagus - 12,3 oz
- Panko - 1.7 oz
- Grated Parmesan cheese - 2.4 oz
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- 2 Eggs
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- We put a pot to heat with water until it boils
- Cook the asparagus for 3 minutes
- Remove and dry with kitchen paper
- In a bowl beat the eggs and on a flat plate mix the panko with the grated cheese, salt and pepper
- Coat the asparagus in the egg and then in the panko
- Put parchment paper for air fryer in the basket and put the asparagus on top
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 7 minutes
- We turn it over halfway through and leave until golden brown.
- And we already have our recipe for battered green asparagus in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for battered green asparagus in a airfryer
- If your asparagus is very fat, let it cook for at least 5 minutes.
- It is important to dry the asparagus well with kitchen paper after boiling.
- You can add extra virgin olive oil on top before cooking
- For a crispier finish repeat the egg and panko battering process 2 times
- Depending on the size they will be in the fryer for about 6-8 minutestake them out when they are golden brown
- If you want another healthy starter, try this chickpea snack recipe in a airfryer
Substitution of ingredients
- Fresh green asparagus ➡️ Frozen green asparagus
- Panko ➡️ Breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese ➡️ Grated mozzarella or gouda cheese
- Black pepper ➡️ Paprika or Tapas seasoning from Just Spices