Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for healthy, homemade hake burgers in a airfryer and very simple to do.
The hake burgers You can accompany them with a hamburger bun, melted cheese or simply with some fries in a airfryer.
If you don't have all the ingredients, remember that below we have a section on substituting ingredients and tricks for a good hake burger recipe.
With this recipe you will have up to 8 homemade hake burgers and that you can cook for yourself and to share as a first course or starter.
I recommend you see these healthy recipes for children in a airfryer, such as the sweet potato-based pizza recipe or the McDonald's-style deluxe potato recipe.
Also, At Bitemyrecipe we make many traditional recipes in Air Fryer such as the recipe for potato omelette with onion or the recipe for Russian steaks.
Ingredients for the hake burger recipe
- Frozen skinless hake fillets - 21.1 oz
- 3 cans of Anchovies in oil
- 2 tbsp of zero mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- Panko - 2.5 oz
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- We defrost the hake fillets and when the time has passed we drain them
- We take a blender or grinder to grind the hake fillets
- Take the cans of anchovies in oil and blend them with a hand blender or a glass blender and add the mayonnaise until creamy
- Add two tablespoons of the anchovy cream to the minced hake fillets and also add the whole wheat flour
- We mix until we get a homogeneous mass that we can work well with our hands
- Make 7 or 8 balls, pass them through the panko and crush them until they are shaped into hamburgers.
- With a spray of olive oil we wet them and place them in the basket of the air fryer
- We cook 10 minutes at 175 ºC in the airfryer
- Remove the basket from the airfryer, We turn all the hake burgers and cook another 10 minutes at 175 ºC
- We take out and We already have our hake burger recipe ready!
Tips for a good hake burger recipe in a airfryer
- You can make the hake burgers without adding the anchovy cream (to avoid so much fishy taste)
- It is important that you cook the burgers on both sides in the air fryer so that they do not remain raw
- The hake fillets must be completely thawed before starting to grind them
- To the mixture of flour, fillets of hake and anchovies you can add a little spices such as garlic powder, parsley or provencal herbs
Substitution of ingredients
- Anchovies ➡️ They are used to create an anchovy cream (adding mayonnaise) that is mixed with hake and flour to give consistency, and you can change that cream for light cream cheese
- Whole wheat flour ➡️ Chickpea flour, almond flour or as a less healthy option wheat flour
- Panko ➡️ Crushed corn flakes or breadcrumbs (it is the least healthy option)