Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared an easy and traditional recipe for hake with green sauce in a airfryer, just like grandma's recipe!
There are many variants of hake in green sauce and many ways to accompany it.
We can eat it with prawns, with potatoes, with clams... Although I like it simple and fast.
This recipe for hake with green sauce in a airfryer It's uncomplicated and carries all the authentic flavor.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
The green sauce has its origin in Italy and France, but in Spain we have adapted it to accompany our fish.
There are already many chefs who have made their own style of the salsa verde recipe like Karlos Arguiñano.
I recommend you try other recipes in air fryer like Air Fryer Edamame Recipe or Air Fryer Anise Donuts Recipe
Ingredients for the hake recipe with green sauce in an air fryer
- 4 pieces of Hake
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of wheat flour
- 1 clove garlic
- Fish broth - 200 ml
- White wine - 200 ml
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- We put the hake on top of the oven paper for air fryer in the basket
- We spray Olive oil and a pinch of salt
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 10 minutes
- In a pot, heat the olive oil.
- Peel, cut the garlic into thick slices and add it
- Cook until the garlic begins to brown
- Add the flour and stir
- Add the white wine and cook for 2 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Chop the parsley into small pieces and add it together with the fish broth and a pinch of salt
- Let cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes
- Stir from time to time and add more broth if necessary.
- Serve the hake with the green sauce on top
- And we already have our recipe for hake with green sauce in a airfryer!
Tips for a good hake recipe with green sauce in a airfryer
- Put the hake to defrost in cold water 5 or 10 minutes before
- I leave the hake cooking and while I prepare the green sauce
- The garlic is cut into thick slices so that it does not burn and make the food bitter.
- You can also try our Bilbao-style hake recipe in a airfryer
- You can add a little spices such as Provencal herbs that will be good
- If instead of pouring fish broth from a boat you can prepare a homemade fish futmet it will be a thousand times better
Substitution of ingredients
- Hake ➡️ Frozen hake, cuttlefish or cod fillets
- White wine ➡️ Red wine or cider (it won't stay the same)
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Frozen parsley, cilantro, oregano or Herbes de Provence
- Wheat flour ➡️ Cornstarch or whole wheat flour
- Fish broth ➡️ Homemade fish stock