Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for a ham and cheese sandwich in a airfryer that is easy to make and very quick to cook!
Cooking the ham and cheese sandwich in an air fryer saves us having to buy a sandwich maker that will only be one more pot in our kitchen.
The ham and cheese sandwich recipe is easy and very healthyI recommend it if you have no idea what to have for dinner and you fancy something simple.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can change it and adapt it with the things that you like the most, Below I have left you some ingredients with which you can substitute the original recipe.
For people who have a 5L capacity oil-free fryer like me, they can prepare the whole family's sandwiches at once.
If your air fryer is smaller you will only have to prepare several ham and cheese sandwiches in turns.
For the ham and cheese sandwich recipe you don't need an aifryer pan and you don't need any accessories.
I recommend other healthy fryer recipes without oil such as the Aifryer onion flower recipe, the Aifryer stuffed pork loin recipe or the Aifryer cockle pie recipe.
If you want more air fryer recipes, you can leave us a comment below!
Ingredients for Aifryer Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices of spelled bread
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of Ham
- 2 slices of natural tomato
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Fried tomato
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 175 ºC
- We put a little fried tomato inside each slice and spread it with a knife
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and oregano on top of the tomato
- Put the slices of ham and cheese interspersed on top of one of the slices
- Cut the natural tomato into slices and add them on top of the ham and cheese
- We close the sandwich and put it in the basket of the air fryer
- We cook in the airfryer for 12 minutes at 175 ºC
- Take out and cut in half
- And we already have our recipe for a ham and cheese sandwich in a airfryer!
Tips for a good ham and cheese sandwich recipe in a airfryer
- In my case I put a base of fried tomato so that it is juicy but any sauce or a little olive oil spray would do
- It is important that you put the spices before the rest of the things so that they stick to the tomato and do not spill
- I prefer to intersperse the cheese and the ham so that the flavor is united and the cheese on one side and the ham on the other are not so differentiated.
- To toast the bread in the air fryer on both sides, I recommend that you turn the sandwich halfway through the time (when it takes 6 minutes).
Substitution of ingredients
- Spelled bread ➡️ Rye bread, wholemeal bread or normal sliced bread
- Mozzarella cheese ➡️ Gouda cheese or edam cheese
- Ham ➡️ Braised turkey or sliced chicken thighs
- Spices ➡️ The touch of oregano reminds me of a mini pizza but you can change it for the spices that you like the most
- Fried tomato s/a ➡️ Normal fried tomato or zero ketchup