In Bitemyrecipe we have prepared a recipe for Hasselback Potatoes in air fryer with a sauce that will make it your favorite recipe for the airfryer!
Hasselback potatoes is a Swedish food that we have adapted very quickly and in each country it is usually accompanied with a sauce or other different fillings.
in this recipe We are going to prepare hasselback potatoes with gratin cheese and a yogurt sauce that will give it an acid touch to counteract.
In addition, this recipe is very healthy and cooked in the airfryer will save you a lot of time and it will have fewer calories.
If you are still not convinced, I will prepare a list with the healthy changes you can make to this hasselback potatoes with yogurt sauce recipe:
🥔 Greek yogurt must be natural (unsweetened and sugar-free)
🥔 Change the spices for real vegetables in the case of garlic and parsley
🥔 If you use a low-fat and protein cheese better (there are in several supermarkets or supplement stores)
As you can see, these are small changes since the recipe itself is fitness and although I do not recommend taking it every day, it is fine a couple of times a week.
It is the typical recipe that can serve as a starter at a family dinner or as a snack with friends to show off the air fryer and how well you cook.
Become Gordon Ramsay cooking stuffed hasselback potatoes without microwave and without using the oven to roast them.
Hasselback potatoes can be eaten alone or with something, we recommend you try the bbq ribs or some crispy and juicy chicken wings
Ingredients for Hasselback Potatoes recipe
- 7 small-medium potatoes
- Natural Greek yogurt - 3 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Onion powder - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Parsley - 1 tsp
- Soft cheese
Elaboration in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- We wash the potatoes very well since we will cook them with the skin
- We make 4 or 5 horizontal cuts in the potato but without reaching the bottom, you can help yourself with two sticks or spoons on the sides of the potato so as not to drop
- We cook in the airfryer at 175 ºC for 25 minutes
- While we prepare the sauce in a mixing bowl
- Add the Greek yogurt, the pinch of salt, the garlic powder, the onion powder, the oregano and a little parsley
- Mix everything very well until it is integrated
- On the other hand, we cut a slice of cheese into medium squares
- We take the potatoes out of the air fryer, and in each cut we add a square of cheese
- We cook 5 minutes at 175 ºC in the airfryer
- Remove the potatoes with the cheese and pour the sauce on top and we already have the recipe for hasselback potatoes with sauce ready!
Tips for a good recipe for hasselback potatoes with sauce
- It is very important that the cut of the potato does not reach the end but also that it is as long as possible to later be able to add the cut cheese
- This sauce is a very good combination for hasselback potatoes, but if you have any other sauce or want to add a condiment that you like better, you can do it without problem
- Depending on the size of the potato, it will need more or less time in the airfryer, For this reason, I recommend that you take a look at it from time to time.
- If you are not going to put any kind of sauce on it, you should add a pinch of salt on top before cooking the potato
Substitution of ingredients
- Potatoes ➡️ Batata or Sweet Potato (the times can vary quite a bit when changing the main ingredient since they would no longer be hasselback potatoes)
- Greek yogurt without sugar ➡️ Sweetened Greek yogurt, natural yogurt (white brand) or cottage cheese (the texture of Greek yogurt is perfect for sauces, in my case I use natural Greek yogurt from Mercadona)
- Garlic powder ➡️ Natural crushed garlic or parsley and garlic powder (then you wouldn't have to add the parsley with this it would be worth it)
- Parsley ➡️ Parsley from the jar (fresh parsley will give it a better flavor)
- Soft cheese ➡️ Slices of gouda, edam or any time