Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for homemade empanada dough in a airfryer, very easy, fast and better than the supermarket!
Galician and Argentinian empanadas... they all have their trick in the dough.
If you did not know how to prepare homemade and traditional empanada dough, here is a step by step.
This recipe for homemade empanada dough in a airfryer It is simple and much faster than in a traditional oven.
I have cooked everything in my Innsky 5.5L air fryer
It is a recipe with a lot of flavor and without yeast and with hardly any kneading.
You can fill the empanada with the ingredients that you like the most and give it the Galician, Argentine or Spanish form.
At BiteMyRecipe we have many empanda recipes that you can be inspired by!
Ingredients for homemade empanada dough recipe in air fryer
- Wheat flour - 5.3 oz
- White wine - 40 ml
- Olive oil - 40 ml
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- In a bowl we put all the ingredients except an egg that we reserve to paint
- Mix everything and knead until you have a ball of dough that does not stick
- Let stand for 15 minutes, covering with a cloth.
- Cut the dough into two more or less equal parts and stretch them
- Place one of the doughs on top of parchment paper for air fryer and cut off what is left over
- Put the filling you want and cover with the remaining dough
- Preheat the airfryer to 200 ºC
- We close the edges by pressing with a fork or with pinches
- Paint with the reserved beaten egg and prick the dough several times
- We cook in the airfryer at 200 ºC for 30 minutes
- At half time we turn it over
- And we already have our homemade empanada dough recipe ready in a airfryer!
Tips for a good homemade empanada dough recipe in a airfryer
- If the dough is very sticky, we can add flour.
- I leave it resting for the time it takes to prepare the filling
- If you don't have a roller to flatten you can use a glass
- I have cut to the size of the oven paper for air fryer but you can measure the basket and make it a little smaller
- You can flip it over with a plate, palette, or tongs.
- If you want more information and tricks you can visit our BiteMyRecipe Blog!
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Whole wheat flour or spelled flour
- Wine ➡️ Water
- Olive oil ➡️ Sunflower oil
- Sweet paprika ➡️ Oregano or other spices