Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared an authentic, gelatin-free and easy to prepare Italian panna cotta in the air airfryer!
Italian panna cotta is gelatin-free, cheese-free, and chocolate-free.
The way to cook it and make it a curdled panna cotta is using the whipping cream and the egg white.
This recipe for Italian panna cotta in a airfryer It is simple, traditional and you can serve it as a cool dessert in summer.
I have cooked everything in my Innsky 5.5L air fryer
You don't need a microwave, Thermomix or oven.
As decoration you can put fruits, melted chocolate or nutella.
To give it a gourmet touch you can use elegant glass molds although I do it in reusable molds.
I recommend trying other air fryer recipes like the Air Fryer Belgian Waffles Recipe or the Air Fryer Easy Crepes Recipe
Ingredients for Italian panna cotta recipe in air fryer
- Whipping cream - 500 ml
- White sugar - 2.6 oz
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 tsp of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 Orange (to grate its skin)
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Wash the orange and with a grater take out two or three strips of its skin
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the orange peel, sugar, cream and vanilla essence
- Stir constantly and before it boils remove it from the heat
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are slightly stiff.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the pot and stir with enveloping movements
- In a large and deep container suitable for air fryer, place panna cotta cups or molds
- We add the mixture in the molds up to 75% (never to the top)
- Pour boiling water into the large deep mold
- We cook in the airfryer at 160 ºC for 40 minutes
- We check that the panna cotta trembles and that it is compact
- And we already have our recipe for Italian panna cotta in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for Italian panna cotta in a airfryer
- When you grate the orange, do it superficially because the white part inside is bitter.
- Do not forget to try all our dessert recipes in a airfryer
- Cook with the pot over low-medium heat as it can easily stick
- If you have a stick blender you can assemble the egg whites more easily.
- The cooking is inside the air fryer in a bain-marie and you need a deep mold for the water and small cups for the mixture
- Check the cooking every 10 min so that it does not burn (if necessary lower the temperature)
Substitution of ingredients
- Potatoes ➡️ Frozen bravas potatoes
- Dried chilli pepper ➡️ Hot paprika or paprika
- Fried tomato ➡️ Crushed tomato or tomato sauce
- Tabasco ➡️ Hot Sauce