Fish recipe this time hake marinated and battered in the airfryer cooked at BiteMyRecipe.com!
Welcome to BiteMyRecipe, we bring you a delicious recipe for fried fish in the airfryer.
This time we are going to cook with hake in tacos well battered and prepared in an air fryer.
the hake it is a relatively cheap fish if you find it on sale.
It is a very salty fish So it is important to make a good marinade before preparing the batter for the hake, we recommend letting it marinate during the day and eating it as a quick and easy dinner.
This fish recipe is very enjoyed by little boys and girls, since it's a fun fish to eatjuicy, tasty and easy since it does not have many bones.
It is a way to get your sons or daughters to eat fish in a healthy wayalthough remember that eating batter every day is not healthy.
Breaded hake does not have too many calories, It is a low-calorie fish with a lot of protein. and B vitamins, perfect for growing children.
This recipe for marinated and battered hake in the airfryer is very traditional and typical of Cádiz, a city where a lot of fried hake is cooked and eaten 🐟.
The recipe for battered hake cooked in the air fryer it is healthier than the traditional fried in a pan since we are going to use very little oil and we will be able to maintain all the properties of this fish by cooking it correctly, safely and easily.
It is advisable to prepare a good marinade and leave the fish with all the marinade for about 12 or 24 hours to get a delicious marinated fish.
Ingredients of the Fried and Breaded Hake in the Airfryer
- Hake in loins, fillets or whole - 19.4 oz
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- sweet paprika
- 3 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- General flour, any kind (Optional)
Cooking Breaded Hake in the Airfryer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cut the hake into medium squares
- We prepare a bowl for the marinade
- Add a splash of lemon or vinegar, sweet paprika, minced oregano, laminated garlic, cumin, parsley and salt
- We crush or crush everything to to integrate and form a saucea perfect marinade for smearing hake
- Pour the whole mixture over the hake tacos
- Let the fish rest with the mixture that we have prepared with transparent film or aluminum foil
- Prepare 2 plates, one for the breadcrumbs and the other for the beaten egg
- You can have a little flour on hand to better seal the breadcrumbs in the fish, this is optional
- Remove each piece of hake from the mixture, soak it in egg and then add it to the breadcrumbs, until it is well coated
- Preheat the fryer to 180ºC without oil
- Put parchment paper in the air fryer box so it doesn't stick and you don't stain everything.
- Paint each battered hake with a little olive oil to cook and fry the batter well, with this step you will also get the hake to be well browned
- Place all the battered hake tacos inside the drawer
- Let cook the tacos 15 minutes (Depends on the size it can be a couple of minutes less)
- Turn off the fryer and remove the already fried tacos. It's time to eat!
Tips for Cooking Battered Hake in an Air Fryer
- leave marinated 12h or up to 24h the hake in the fridge with all the marinade can cause the flavor to intensify.
- You may add a squeeze of lemon above the already cooked and fried hake to enhance its flavor even more (Perfect for lemon lovers like me 😜
- Use a Herbes de Provence mix that you have at home when preparing the marinade or the marinade, can help improve its flavor, you know, use the herbs that you like the most or those that you have at home
- Use flour before adding the breadcrumbs to make it crispier, follow these steps: Egg ➡️ Flour ➡️ Egg again ➡️ Breadcrumbs
Ingredients that you can Substitute for Breaded Hake in the Airfryer
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ Cereals such as “Corn Flakes”, quicos powder (It is super crunchy), if you use breadcrumbs try to buy the package of breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley integrated.
- Beaten eggs ➡️ Mix chickpea flour with a little milk or water
- Sweet Paprika, Oregano, Cumin and Parsley ➡️ Any herb or spice you like, no preferences
- Lemon ➡️ Lemon juice, you can't change this as it gives hake an incredible flavor.
- Salt ➡️ Salt flakes or pink saltmuch healthier options than sea salt or iodized salt
- Olive Oil ➡️ High oleic sunflower oil
- Flour ➡️ Wheat flour, cornstarch, strength flour and even if you don't have any of these you can use pastry flour.