Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for marinated onions in a airfryer, ideal to serve as a side dish or for a hamburger!
There are many recipes with onions, whether fried, pickled, stuffed, in vinegar, baked...
I like to prepare this marinated onion recipe As an accompaniment to meat or fish.
Although it can also be eaten as an onion, egg and potato salad.
It is better to cook the marinated onion recipe in a airfryer because It's juicy, healthy, and quick to make.
For this recipe I used my Innsky 5.5L Air Fryer.
As I like that the children go eating vegetables sometimes I prepare this recipe and add enough spices to give them a lot of flavor.
I recommend trying other air fryer recipes like Air Fryer Roasted Stuffed Pepper Recipe or Air Fryer Rye Muffins Recipe
And for dessert, try the orange flan recipe in a airfryer!
Ingredients for air fryer marinated onion recipe
- 3 onions
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp powdered yeast
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp food coloring
- Asian spices (optional)
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Peel and cut the onion into strips
- In a bowl, beat one of the eggs with the salt, the yeast, the milk and all the spices.
- Pass the onion slices through the mixture until they are well impregnated
- Place the onion in a mold suitable for air fryer inside the basket
- We cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 20 minutes
- Halfway through, add the whole egg with the shell on one side.
- peel the egg and chop it
- Mix the onion and the egg on a plate
- And we already have our recipe for marinated onion in a airfryer!
Tips for a good marinated onion recipe in a airfryer
- Do not cut the onion into very thin strips because they will burn
- I mix everything with my hands to make sure that the onion is well impregnated
- Boiled egg in air fryer is optional but it fits very well with this recipe
- You can use the marinated onion to accompany some meat or fish
Substitution of ingredients
- Normal onion ➡️ Spring onion, purple onion or sweet onion
- Milk ➡️ Olive oil
- Powdered yeast ➡️ Cornstarch
- Black pepper ➡️ White or pink pepper
- Sweet paprika ➡️ Spicy paprika
- Asian spices ➡️ The spices or herbs that you have at home and think it might look good