Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for marinated rabbit in a airfryer that is easy to prepare, quick and perfect to serve as a first course!
Before having the air fryer, I marinated the rabbit for grilling and cooked it in the oven, but this recipe is easier, cleaner and cheaper for me.
There are many recipes for marinated rabbit such as charcoal, garlic, Mexican style or Canarian style.
At BiteMyRecipe we wanted to prepare a recipe for marinated rabbit in a airfryer, only with spices and with very few ingredients and steps to follow.
Although if you don't like it or you don't have a airfryer, you can do it fried, grilled, stewed in a pot or baked, but I recommend that you try the marinade.
The marinated rabbit does not have much mystery, a good mixture and above all a good rest.
Although preparing an adobo may seem complicated or scary, it is one of the easiest recipes to prepare with rabbit.
The result is a recipe for rabbit marinated in airfryer golden on the outside and tasty on the inside.
Do not forget to follow the times so that the rabbit does not dry out and you can enjoy its flavor in conditions.
I recommend you see other recipes in a airfryer, such as the recipe for Provolone cheese with tomato sauce in air fryer or the recipe for gluten-free quiche in air fryer
If you liked it, you can vote for the recipe or leave a comment below!
Ingredients for the recipe for marinated rabbit in aifryer
- 1/2 Rabbit
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Repose: 3 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Squeeze the whole lemon and pour the juice into a large bowl
- Add a good splash of olive oil, the spices (rosemary and thyme are very peculiar flavors and go to taste like salt) and the rabbit pieces
- With our hands we mix everything very well until it is integrated
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 190 ºC for about 5 minutes approx.
- In the basket of the air fryer we put oven paper that covers up to the walls
- We put all the pieces of the rabbit inside
- We cook in the airfryer for 20 minutes at 190 ºC
- Remove and turn the pieces over to brown on both sides.
- We cook in the airfryer for 10 minutes at 190 ºC
- We take out and accompany with some fries in air fryer
- And we already have our recipe for rabbit marinated in a airfryer!
Tips for a good marinated rabbit recipe in a airfryer
- The longer you leave the rabbit marinating, the better the marinade will come out, I recommend leaving it overnight in the fridge.
- The spices are to taste but the lemon juice is almost essential because it gives it a very rich flavor
- If your air fryer is very small, it is better to cook it in 2 batches so that all the pieces are cooked well
- Another way to cook it would be 20 min, then 5 min on each side until golden brown
- You can accompany it with chips or salsa (although I don't recommend it because the marinade already gives it all the flavor)
- This time is enough to get a rabbit that is golden and crispy on the outside but tasty on the inside.
Substitution of ingredients
- Rabbit ➡️ I buy it by pieces but you can buy the whole rabbit (cheaper) and cut it up yourself or try it with duck or turkey
- Lemon to squeeze ➡️ Concentrated lemon juice (I bought it at Mercadona and it works for you when you don't have lemons)
- Spices ➡️ You can substitute or add the ones you like the most such as Provencal herbs, paprika...