Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for McDonald's-style homemade deluxe potatoes made in the airfryer.
There are many McDonalds fans who have wanted to imitate the recipe for their deluxe fries with all the flavor but in a quick and simple way.
In our case we wanted to prepare a healthier deluxe fries recipe (these are not fries since they are made in an air fryer).
This McDonalds-style deluxe potato recipe can be combined with any type of sauce (barbecue, ketchup, mayonnaise) although they are already seasoned and flavored.
If you are dieting with a caloric deficit and want to eat healthy carbohydrates like potatoes, I recommend that you follow these tips:
🍟 Season the potatoes a lot so you don't have to add more flavor with sauces
🍟 If you prefer to eat the potatoes with sauce, use a 0 calorie one with good ingredients (I recommend the Prozis BBQ sauce)
🍟 Remember that you should not make a lot of potatoes for one person, the best thing is that you accompany it with a little protein and with a little vegetables
Remember that these are tips from my point of view and with my experience of what is best for my body.
In addition, the homemade McDonald's-style deluxe potatoes are a perfect dish to share in a snack with friends.
And if you don't want to share your recipe for Mcdonalds-style deluxe potatoes, I recommend that you use it as an accompaniment for ribs with bbq sauce.
Ingredients for the McDonalds-style deluxe potato recipe
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Zip bag or freezer bag that can be closed
Preparation in the airfryer
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges without removing the skin
- Put the potatoes in wedges inside the zip bag or bag that can be closed
- In a bowl add the Provencal herbs, the garlic, the onion, the sweet paprika, the hot paprika and mix very well
- Little by little add the olive oil to the mixture of spices and continue mixing until it is like a semi-liquid paste
- Add the mixture of spices and oil to the bag with the potato wedges
- With the bag tightly closed, mix and move the mixture very well so that the potatoes are impregnated
- Preheat the airfryer to 190ºC
- While the air fryer is preheating, remove the potatoes from the bag and spread them out on the air fryer's wire tray without oil.
- Select in the air fryer the potato fry option and cook the potatoes on the rack for 15 minutes.
- If you don't have a rack, remember to move the potatoes and turn them over halfway through the 15 minutes.in my case with a grid and a good placement has not been necessary
- Remove the potatoes, add a pinch of salt to taste And your recipe for McDonalds-style deluxe potatoes in a airfryer is ready!
Tips for a good recipe for McDonalds-style deluxe potatoes in a airfryer
- I recommend leaving the skin on the potatoes to maintain their original style (do not worry because they are not even noticeable when eating)
- As for sauces, I really like the Prozis Ketchup Zero sauce, but you can make the sauces at home (we have an article explaining homemade barbecue sauce in a airfryer)
- Be careful when cutting the potatoes into wedges because if they are very thin they can fall through the grid of the air fryer
- We have used the condiments for which we like the most but you can put them to your preference
Substitution of ingredients
- Potatoes ➡️ Sweet potato or sweet potato (It will not be the same but they are healthier options)
- Olive oil ➡️ Olive oil
- Hot paprika ➡️ Black pepper
- Provencal herbs ➡️ Thyme, parsley or the species you like the most
- Garlic powder ➡️ Natural crushed garlic