From BiteMyRecipe's kitchen we have cooked this recipe for Mexican Green Sauce that is prepared in a very easy way and has a great flavor.
The Mexican green sauce recipe is perfect to accompany different foods, both Spanish and Mexican. or other countries. An example of those meals are:
As you can see you can use it in variety since It is a sauce that serves to accompany any recipe, giving it a spicy touch and flavor.
The Mexican green sauce is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and a very low calorie recipe which can serve as a healthy accompaniment.
In addition, in 15 minutes it will be ready to serve, and in addition to the airfryer, you only need a blender or mixer with which to give the sauce texture.
There are many recipes that can be prepared in the air fryer and that serve as an accompaniment to the Mexican green sauce.if you want us to upload any of those recipes, write us a comment below.
For this dish with Mexican green sauce we have used a special product, since not being from Mexico we do not have access to one of the most important ingredients: the green tomato.
We mention the product in the substitution of ingredients but we anticipate that we have bought it on Amazon in case someone needs it too.
The green sauce is perfect for meats, one of the best meats for the green sauce is barbecue ribs, fried foods such as cod fritters or ham croquettes
Ingredients for the green sauce recipe
- 4 Green Tomatoes
- 3 chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 of Onion
- Black pepper
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Peel the clove of garlic and make a small cut in half
- Peel and slice a quarter of the onion
- We make a cut in the middle of each chili but without opening them completely
- We take out the drawer of the air fryer and we put the aluminum foil so that nothing gets stained
- Place the four tomatoes, the garlic clove, the onion and the chilies with a little separation between each one
- We program the airfryer for 5 minutes at 200 ºC (in Broil mode)
- Remove the onion and garlic and set it aside.
- We turn the chilies and tomatoes and we cook another 4 minutes in the air fryer at 200 ºC with the Broil mode (same as before)
- Add the tomatoes, chili, onion and garlic to a mixing glass with salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Beat until sauce texture and we already have our very tasty green sauce recipe made!
Tips for a good green sauce recipe
- If the vegetables are of good quality, the sauce will be much tastier.
- You can graduate the flavor by adding or removing ingredientsin my case I prefer less chili and more onion
- If you see that the texture is not as you would like, you can correct it with a little water to make it more liquid
- Once you are beating the ingredients, you can also add other spices that you like
- Remember to precook the airfryer at 200 ºC before preparing the recipe
Substitution of ingredients
- Green Tomato ➡️ Canned crushed tomato (It is the easiest option for people who live outside of Mexico)
- Black pepper ➡️ Hot paprika
- Natural garlic ➡️ Garlic powder
- Onion ➡️ Onion