Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for Moorish skewers in a airfryer that is very easy, fast and ideal for summer meals!
The Moorish skewers are a traditional recipe from Morocco but it has its adaptation in Andalusia.
They can be prepared as rbochetas in the pan, on barbecues, on charcoal or with sauce.
This recipe for Moorish skewers in a airfryer It is homemade, traditional and they are prepared with chicken.
I have cooked everything in my 5.5L Innsky air fryer.
You do not need anything more than chicken meat and spices to give the flavor to the Moorish pinchitos.
You can also buy prepared skewers from the butcher shop and cook them.
This recipe for pinchitos morunos is healthier than the authentic one and with fewer calories.
I highly recommend trying other air fryer recipes like the Air Fryer Tenderloin Recipe or the Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Recipe
Ingredients for the recipe of Moorish skewers in air fryer
- Boneless chicken thighs - 14.1 oz
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of Rosemary
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric
- Olive oil
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Repose: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cut the chicken into square pieces, not very large and all the same.
- In a bowl, put the chicken, a splash of oil, a pinch of salt, the spices and half a squeezed lemon.
- We remove and let stand 1 hour
- We cut some wooden sticks for skewers with the size of our air fryer and assemble the Moorish skewers
- Preheat the airfryer to 195 ºC
- We place oven paper for air fryer in the basket and the Moorish skewers on top without piling up
- We cook in the airfryer at 195 ºC for 10 minutes
- At half time we turn them over
- And we already have our recipe for Moorish skewers in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for Moorish skewers in a airfryer
- The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavor it will have.
- Measure the fryer well to cut the sticks a little smaller and be able to remove them without problem
- Do not forget to place baking paper or aluminum so as not to stain the fryer since turmeric releases a lot of color
- Check that the chicken is well cooked by opening a piece (mine were quite small)
- If you already have the Moorish skewers purchased and assembled, you only have to cook them at the same temperature and time
Substitution of ingredients
- Chicken thighs ➡️ Chicken breast, pork, turkey thighs or Moorish skewers already marinated
- Turmeric ➡️ Curry
- Rosemary ➡️ Herbes de Provence
- Garlic powder ➡️ Garlic and parsley seasoning