Today we bring you a recipe for mozzarella croquettes, ideal as accompaniments or starters of many meals and that you can prepare quickly and easily in your airfryer.
Although the custom in Spain is to prepare croquettes with Iberian ham or chicken, we will present you with a very tasty variant that is not usually made very often and will surprise your guests.
However, it is not a very healthy dish, since sunflower oil and mozzarella cheese make it a food with a high fat content.
🧆 It is recommended to always search healthier alternatives to sunflower oil, so in this case we can count on olive oil to prepare the croquettes.
🧆 You can always make the mozzarella croquettes recipe healthier by changing ingredients like wheat flour for gluten free flour
🧆 In our experience we find that many recipes tend to soak croquettes in oil more than necessary. This is not necessary, since the air fryer can do its job with a minimum of oil.
The mozzarella croquettes are a perfect starter if you accompany them with some courgette sticks or fried hake with lemon
Ingredients for mozzarella croquettes
- 12 mozzarella cheese balls
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Wheat flour - 7 oz
- 2 eggs
- Breadcrumbs -7 oz
- Salt and black pepper
Preparation of mozzarella croquettes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- First, drain and dry the mozzarella cheese balls on absorbent paper.
- We will prepare 3 bowls, in the first we will beat the egg, in the second mix the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and in the last we will leave the flour.
- Then we pass the mozzarella balls through the flour, the beaten egg and the breadcrumb mixture (in that order), and We repeat this step 2 times.
- We spread the sunflower oil on the croquettes, without soaking them.
- We program the airfryer in Fries mode for 5 minutes at 190°
- past this time we turn the croquettes and we return to program another 5 minutes at 190 ° in the air fryer.
- Finally we take the croquettes out of the airfryer and we can serve them on a plate or bowl with absorbent paper.
Tips for a good croquette recipe
- As we mentioned initially, it is better moderate the amount of oil that we apply on the croquettes.
- Croquettes they can be accompanied with a diverse amount of sauces and spreadstherefore we recommend trying them with cheddar and BBQ sauce.
- We can add to the breadcrumb mixture a tablespoon of chili or chili powderwill give a spicy flavor with good results when combined with cheese.
Substitution of ingredients
- Breadcrumbs ➡️ We suggest trying the sugar free cornflakes, we will obtain the same results and crispier croquettes with a special flavor. What we will do is crush the flakes without turning them into powder.
- White salt ➡️ We can use pink salt, much more nutritious.
- Wheat flour ➡️ Flour without tac, such as rice or buckwheat (For this recipe we do not recommend preparing the croquettes with cornmeal).