Today at BiteMyRecipe we have prepared a recipe for homemade mozzarella sticks in an airfryer and very easy to cook in a short time!
Homemade mozzarella sticks are made with a simple dough instead of using a puff pastry sheet.
You can make as many quantities as you want, I have had about 8 and I have served them as a starter.
This recipe for mozzarella sticks in an airfryer is very quick and easy, plus the kids love it.
I have cooked everything with my 5.5L Air Fryer and a pot.
I have not needed to use a mixer (it is a quick and manageable dough), nor Thermomix, nor oven, nor microwave.
If you didn't know how to cook mozzarella sticks in an air fryer, here is the air fryer recipe book with all the ingredients and the step-by-step preparation.
You can accompany this recipe for cheese in a fryer without oil with a homemade sauce such as mayonnaise, tomato or ali oli.
Also, I recommend that you do not miss our latest recipe for or the recipe for hake sticks in an airfryer.
Ingredients for the mozzarella sticks recipe in airfryer
- Wheat flour - 5.64 oz
- Water - 240 ml
- Butter - 2.64 oz
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 7 oz
- Fresh parsley
- 1 egg
Preparation in an airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with the water and a handful of finely chopped parsley
- Add the flour and stir until combined
- Add the cheese and mix without stopping and without letting it stick to the walls
- We remove and let temper to be able to manipulate it
- We take small portions (balls the size of a meatball) and knead in the shape of a stick
- We place baking paper for airfryer and on top the sticks
- Beat the egg in a bowl and paint the sticks
- Cook in the airfryer at 190 ºC for 17 minutes
- If you want it more golden we add 3 more minutes of cooking
- And we already have our recipe for mozzarella sticks in an airfryer!
Tips for mozzarella sticks recipe in airfryer
- Use a deep pot to stir well and without spilling anything
- Let it warm up quite a bit but without getting completely cold
- The mozzarella sticks should not be too thin or too thick.
- My recommendation is that you do not pile them (better in two batches)
- You can add hot paprika to the dough if you want a spicy touch
- Wheat flour ➡️ Oatmeal flour, chickpea flour or flour without tac
- Butter ➡️ Margarine or drizzle of olive oil
- Grated mozzarella cheese ➡️ Wedge mozzarella cheese or other type of grated cheese
- Fresh parsley ➡️ Oregano
- Egg ➡️ Olive oil spray