Today in BiteMyRecipe We have prepared a recipe for mummy sausages for Halloween in a airfryer with few preparations and ideal to surprise your guests!
Halloween recipes for air fryers without oil are easy to make and do not require many preparations or complicated ingredients.
In this case we bring a recipe for mummy sausages for Halloween in air fryer that you can prepare with your children and serve as a starter or appetizer.
If you don't know what to wear as a guest to a Halloween party I recommend that you prepare this simple appetizer, quickly but it is very good.
The mummy sausage recipe for Halloween is cheap but unhealthy, although it does save you having to fry the sausages and having to turn on the oven.
In this recipe we work with a homemade puff pastry dough and that it does not have complications of yeast or bicarbonate so it will turn out well yes or yes.
If you do not want to prepare the homemade doughyou can also buy a prefabricated dough at the supermarket and skip the first few steps by going straight to creating the mummy sausage.
I recommend other recipes for Halloween in a airfryer like Air Fryer Eye Cookies Recipe, Air Fryer Pumpkin Cheese Quesadillas Recipe or Cinnamon Bats Recipe
And if you want another mummy recipe try the recipe for Terrifying Cheese Mummy in Air Fryer.
Ingredients for the recipe for mummy sausages for Halloween in air fryer
- Wheat flour - 8.8 oz
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Butter - 4.4 oz
- Warm water - 60 ml
- 4 sausages
- onion seeds
- Olive oil Spray
Preparation in airfryer
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Dough rest time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, put the wheat flour, the salt, the sugar and the softened butter to mix well.
- Add the warm water little by little and integrate it
- When we have a homogeneous mass, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180ºC for 3-4 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on parchment or baking paper with a pinch of flour (you can do it with a rolling pin but it's not necessary)
- Cut into strips of 1 cm or less and use the strips to wrap the sausages, leaving an unwrapped hole
- With a spray of Olive oil we wet the mummy sausages already wrapped
- We cook for 10 minutes at 180 ºC in the airfryer
- Let it cool down a bit and put the seeds like the eyes in the hole that we had left unwrapped
- And we already have our recipe for mummy sausages ready for Halloween in a airfryer!
Tips for a good recipe for mummy sausages for Halloween in a airfryer
- The butter must be in ointment so that it does not cut the dough because it is very liquid or that it cannot be handled because it is very cold
- Add the water little by little the dough will tell you if more or less water is needed (I recommend that it is neither hot nor cold)
- Let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes. nothing will happen if you leave it longer but always covered with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel
- Stretch the dough on baking paper where you have already spread flour so that it does not stick or break
- The strips of dough that you cut should not be very wide because you should wrap a sausage with several to give it a mummy look
Substitution of ingredients
- Wheat flour ➡️ Comprehensive flour, rye flour, oatmeal...
- Sugar ➡️ Stevia, erythritol or other sweetener
- Butter ➡️ Light butter or margarine
- Warm water ➡️ Milk
- Normal sausages ➡️ Sausages stuffed with cheese, milk sausages or your favorite sausages
- Onion seeds ➡️ Chia, black grapes, black olives or any food that can pass for eyes